Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday morning

 I slept OK last night but a lot of fire trucks in the middle of the night not far away, not sure what that was about. I do know they only sent ONE fire truck for Ron and that with no lights or siren, this was several loud fire trucks. 

I figure it was either a road accident or a house fire I guess I will see on my way to work.  But it did wake me up. I had a nice time in bed snuggling Biscuit who is very cuddly these days.  

Not sure if I mentioned it but yesterday I had Biscuit in my lap during God time and Spotty got up too and walked on my chest, stepped on Biscuit (he was OK with that) and then sat on Biscuit's head. Biscuit objected to that and slapped him a few times and they got into it for a minute on my lap.  It wasn't vicious just a struggle for dominance.  

I had a headache when I got up but drank some Gatorade and that helped.  I also took some Excedrin.

Did my shower and God Time.  I attacked the shower with some cleansers and it does look better but next time I will use the scrub brush.  

The work progresses next door turning the garage into living quarters.  #6 did that with theirs (2 bedrooms, 4 kids in the garage total) back in 2012 I remember because we had just gotten Baby Girl and I had to lock her up the day they poured the concrete.  

I used to be pretty derisive about people who did that BUT my aunt told me her parents had to do that in their home, turn the garage into a bedroom for my uncle.  Whoops.  It made me think, too, I always thought my grandparents were pretty well off but I guess not.  I knew Dad had to pay his way though college but a Masters degree isn't cheap. 

Dad always told us kids he saw kids who had their college paid for and they didn't take it seriously, but he didn't want us to kill ourselves the way he did paying his way though college, so he would pay 2/3 which I always thought was fair. 

I paid my own community college back then it was pretty cheap.  I got about 18 credits I think, most of the way to an Accounting certificate.  The plan was to get the certificate and then go for 2 year degree, and later on if I wanted a 4 year.  The 4 year college had a deal with the community college and recognized their credits.  

Of course life got in the way, we moved, when I got to Houston it wasn't practical to enroll in community college right away and then Ron started his business and needed me on board for that.  

I don't want to climb the ladder I am content being a low level worker bee.  All the team leads at work are super stressed out that is 2.5 years of observations.  Target was the same way 30 years ago.  

High blood pressure leads to a lot of problems. Was a factor in Ron's death actually.  

Anyway I need to get ready and go.  That's it for now I'll do another when I get to work.   

No comments: