Wednesday, October 4, 2023

This looks really bad

 This morning I bought one of those single serve white wine boxes from the self check as I plan to use it to cook my pork tonight and I want to just LEAVE when I am done for the day.

Of course it told the attendant to check my ID so she knows I bought alcohol.

I had a really dry, nasty tasting, mouth and have been meaning to get some mints for days now.  So I did but as I was paying it hit me mints + alcohol is going to look really bad.

I thought that was really funny as my last drink was Feb 2021.  Aside from moral issues the one shot serving gave me a migraine during a local disaster where I could ill afford it.  So I don't drink don't miss it, not riding that tiger.  Not with my personal and family history.

Anyway that's it for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody gives a crap if you buy alcohol.

Anonymous said...

What?

It would "look really bad" if you bought a giant box of wine and chugged it through a funnel while driving a mobility scooter through the wal mart. Buying a tiny box of wine and some mints is not noteworthy at all.

Heather Knits said...

It just "felt" wrong to me. I am just not a fan of what alcohol does to anyone.

I literally use it only for cooking, I get the little cardboard boxes with the screw cap about 10 ounces each; use 4 ounces for cooking now and then. I have a red and now a white. This one promised me a deep fruity flavor and rich body so I spent the extra $1 over the cheaper brand.

Heather Knits said...

Before his back went out he used to put the wine box on top of the fridge with the spout over the edge and stand under it with his mouth open. I actually had a photo of it, I thought it was funny at the time.

Then the blackouts and the hitting started...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I understand. I dated an alcoholic for a few years. Everyone thought he was hilarious. No one sees the bad stuff.