Sunday, October 29, 2023

It was really funny with my Dad

"You're really good at keeping secrets" Dad, you have no idea.  I didn't say that.  

"You tricked me!"  No I just refrained from telling until I was sure I had insurance.  

At any rate he was fine once he got over that.  He said he put up my screenshot on the flat screen and also printed it up.  He's happy.  He couldn't stop talking about it.  

I always figured God would take care of me if something happened but Dad;s more left brained I guess.  

I do need a physical it has been about 20 years.  Yeah.  Self employment and caregiver burnout - the last thing I wanted to do in my free time was go to another doctor's office!  I went for a bladder infection, a bad shoulder (turns out I have a little arthritis but it doesn't bother me now), sinus trouble at the doc in the box but that was about it.  That's it in 20 years.  Not a bad record.  

In the meantime Ron was seeing so very many doctors at the end he finally fired all of them except primary (blood pressure pill) and neurologist (seizure pill).  I said he had to keep those.  He was terrified of high blood pressure and rightly so because it helped kill him.  He was particularly worried about having another stroke due to high blood pressure and ending up "gorked out" able to think but not able to communicate.  I didn't even have to suggest it he's the one brought it up.  

So I am glad he died the way he did.  Not that way.  

I am freezing the AC is set at 74 so the candy won't melt.    I am carrying a little "leftover" candy with Snickers in an insulated lunch bag with a cold pack as it will be in the 80's today; and the magic number is chocolate melts at 76.  I am not, if within my power, handing out melted chocolate.  

Let's see if I can put up a pic of how I look: 


I am STILL not sick of the bright colors I used in my house.  The outfit is very comfortable as well, the skirt came to about my knees when I sat and I wasn't really comfortable with that on the bus.  Not that bus at any rate.  So the leggings.  I am just wearing a black ankle sock and black lace up sneakers.  

The finger in the photo lets you know I'm really the one who took it as I always put my finger in my photos.  

I woke up with a little bit of a headache but some Excedrin nailed it.  I took that with an antidepressant, two good reasons to get out of bed.  

Now tomorrow's going to suck I ride the bus in to work and work 9 hours.  I do have a ride home though.  So I'll be gone about the same amount of time just make an extra $25 for the 2 hours.  3 days in a row.  So that adds up.  

I want to do some fun charity gifts in addition to a small regular gift for Christmas.  This will enable that and then some.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: