Saturday, October 14, 2023

Well I made it

 I seem to be saying that a lot, lately. 

I finished my night, and did a little shopping.  I needed whey protein; it was on the bottom shelf and way down in the back.  I had to squat down very far and lean forward but the other whey was $4 more.  I got what I wanted, though. 

I got some mixed greens and also some celery, that, with my carrot juice, will set me up for veggies.  I have some pumpkin puree around here somewhere, I like that heated up with a little pumpkin pie spice.  

I did have one issue.  I like to get Ace the "Symphony Giant" candy bar, they were completely out.  So I got a giant Hershey Almond and he looked pretty excited when I gave it to him.  He doesn't watch his figure (grin) so I can do things like that.  Healthy eaters are not a lot of fun to spoil.  "Here, have a banana".  

So I got home put my stuff up went to bed.  I slept OK but woke up a couple times which I am getting used to, including good old 2 AM which makes sense when you figure I have to get up at 2 Monday to Wednesday.  

I got up and started some laundry.  Yesterday was bad enough I went ahead and used my laundry sanitizer.  

Ick alert: ***

I sat on the bench which was clear to me and someone was sitting to my left, got up and there were dried feces all over the bench under them.  They were dry so I don't think "that" person did it.  But they didn't pay attention where they sat down; which of course made me paranoid about where I sat down.  

People just love to defecate on this bench because, I think, it is a little more secluded at night and significantly darker than the other bus benches at the transit center.  I have seen it "messed up" on at least 3 occasions.  It's pretty awful.  I stand a lot already so I like to sit when I can but I may have to rethink this.  ****

So I checked my schedule.  I was hoping I might be off early on Halloween but they have me working until 8.  That is a problem because all the kids come between 7-8:30.  I thought about it for a while and decided I will throw myself on the mercy of a team lead, remind her I have worked for the company 2.5 years and never, ever, asked them to adjust my schedule but I would like to get off at 6:30 if at all possible on Halloween.  I think that is reasonable.  If required, I will explain I am doing evangelism and this is an important night for me.  Worst case I will put up a note for the kids: come back after 8:30. It's a shame though I decorated and everything.  

They have me working some odd hours that week.  But I start at 11 most days so I get to sleep in. 

I have the jeans on soak with the sanitizer right now and then I will run them as a regular load with detergent.  I will probably run to the grocery store after that.  I just plan to get candy, carrot juice, and a gallon of milk.  I will be taking my cart for that, I would hate to lug a gallon of milk home on the bus.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: