Monday, October 30, 2023

A very frigid Monday morning

 Well the cold front came in and it was nasty, I could hear the wind buffeting the house.  I had turned the system (I can only do heat OR cold that is the only kind of thermostat Ron could operate) to heat, anything under 72 kick on.  It started running last night.  I thought it would be too cold for me but it is OK I think I will keep it here after the chocolate is gone.  

It is in the 40's with 20 mph wind so I am wearing long underwear (pants) and my heavy winter jacket.  I am also wearing some of my $1 wool socks.  I will let you know how they did.  

I plan to leave in about half an hour but I'm ready to go, showered, God Time, petted the cats, fed the cats, fixed my lunch, brought my medication with me to take on my lunch, that's about all I can do.  It will be interesting getting to work.  

I never take this bus so a whole new set of drivers too.  I brought extra candy but this is just pinata mix + evangelism not the chocolate.  I am saving that for tomorrow night and later.  

I sent an email to my tract curator and asked if he had a "I know your life is terrible but God loves you" type tract I could hand out on Thanksgiving, because my last Thanksgiving handout there were a lot of depressed and angry people driving around.  I found some "Be grateful you sinner" type tracts but that's not what I'm looking for; a lot don't feel like they have much. 

And a person can have things but it means nothing without relationships.  That is one reason it is so important for me to hand out candy and Bibles; my recipients are precious to me.  

I did my upper lip treatment this morning as I will be a public face the next few days.  LOL  I want to have the best public face I can.  

Today is my long day, 11-8, tomorrow is 11:30-8, Wednesday is easier at 1:30-8 I believe.  

Yesterday at church they were handing out empty tote bags.  They want families to fill them with dry goods for a Thanksgiving giveaway.  They have some basic stuff on there like Jello and stuffing but I am thinking a couple cans of gravy, some pudding mix and a box of vanilla wafers (Banana pudding is sliced bananas, vanilla wafers, and pudding mixed together and is a holiday staple for many families in Houston), etc.  They also said enclose a note so I will get a nice card.  I'm going to do this all next Wednesday when I get paid.  I just have to make sure it is light enough I can carry it to the bus stop and then the mile or so from the bus stop to the church!  It will be fun.  

They plan to do some hundreds of these bags.  

I hope they are putting an evangelism thing in there too.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: