Friday, October 20, 2023

I thought this was funny

 So I got home last night, I'm tired, but I check the mail because, as far as I know, there's some jerk out there with the master key to my mailbox.  

I take it out there are a few spam things and a letter from the HOA.  The HOA letter is thin, like the Deed Restriction letters I get on occasion, just one page in the envelope.  Oh, crap.  I can't afford a big repair and one of those letters generally sets me back about $500 a shot.  

I stood there in front of the mailbox looking at the letter.  It just had my name and address, and theirs.  I prayed over it and said "God you know I can't afford a big repair right now, can you please help?  Make it cheap?"  Also I couldn't figure out what they might object to unless it was the door wrap.  

I opened it.  ANNUAL ELECTION here is your pin number if you want to vote online!  Is THAT all?  Thank you, Lord.  

I was laughing about it; God is a lot bigger than my problems and I forget that at times. 

Interesting note, the letters used to say "Annual Election" or "Deed Restriction Violation" on the front of the envelope.  

I stayed up for an hour in case my parents wanted to talk but they didn't, so I sent them a text and went to bed, slept pretty well considering.  About the same as usual although I did wake up 2 hours after I went to bed which is new.  

Got up, did the shower and God time "God will fight my battles" good to know, stuck a Scripture booklet in my pocket - I was looking for it at lunch last night.  So I'm glad I have that.  I also did up some candy.  

I ordered a 4 foot walking stick last night from Amazon and will carry that when I ride the bus.  I think it will be a useful deterrent for wildlife and bad guys.  It had good reviews a lot of people who bought it said it looked really good for self defense. 

Good.  At some point I want to get some martial arts training, how to fall, how to protect myself.  There are whole schools of combat using a walking stick.  I will save up and look into that.  The world is just getting worse, you know, and I travel though some bad areas.  

Interestingly enough the gang and drug infested corner Ron and I worked (Bible handouts) in Acres homes is fine now.  Has a storefront church and everything which I thought was wonderful.  I just need to be diligent in praying for their spiritual growth and protection.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: