Tuesday, October 24, 2023

I think it's OK to post again

 Last night when I called Mom and Dad, Dad says 'I'm OK but..." 

He was in the hospital, still is, with complications of his heart trouble.  After I went to bed I left the phone on of course and got put on a group text (which I am grateful for) but that went back and forth for a while.  My neighbor's kid also decided to kick the soccer ball around the yard for hours up to about 10 PM and I had to get up at 2.  

So I'm pretty dead and I'm thinking only God's going to get me through this work day because I have nothing left. 

I am not really worried about Dad, he said they had planned to discharge him today.  I am worried he wants to fly cross country back home on Thursday, by himself.  I think that sounds like a terrible idea but it's not my call.  I will feel much better when I get a text he has landed.  

My grandmother does not have much time left, and her primary caregiver (the family pays her) is in the hospital with some variation of caregiver burnout, I'd imagine.  I feel really bad for Mom with all this on her plate - it's a lot!  

Yesterday my boss kept acting like "What's wrong with you, stupid?" and that was on a better sleep and no worry so I can only imagine how today will go.  I will explain when I see her though.  

I need to go.  

No comments: