Sunday, October 15, 2023

Cleaning the bathroom

 Years ago, in 2012, my bathroom was in big trouble.  I had a window in the shower and the ledge was falling in.  Ron and I were broke.  God provided a very nice man who rehabbed it and made it very nice with big subway tiles and a nice unfinished tile mosaic about halfway up.  But you can't use most bathroom cleaners on unfinished stone.  

Plus depression - cleaning is the last thing I want to do I am good to get the litter box and the laundry.  And I am ashamed to say sometimes my cats had a substandard box.  

I bought some cleaners last week and tried them out on a small part of the tile and it was OK so I have been using them today.  I got the walls now I am getting the top of the tub part.  

I have a small granite window ledge (recycled which I think is really cool).  How do you clean granite?  How the hell do I know?  I do know all the cleaners say DON'T USE ON GRANITE.  Some websites say "Use bleach!"  "No bleach!"  "Use vinegar!"  "No vinegar".  Got some granite cleaner then got it home "Preclean stained areas before using" WITH WHAT?!  FOR THE LOVE OF SOAP AND WATER....

But it does look a lot better granite is about 75% improved.  Walls look much better and the top of the tub the little shelves I don't know what you call them, look much improved.  I also got some daily shower cleaner.  

I had some from Method which worked well but I had an issue with Biscuit licking the tiles and it has menthol and eucalyptus which are toxic to cats.  If he takes one sniff of this he won't touch it.  I plan to use the Method for cleaning fixtures it is fantastic for that.  

But I am calling it done for today.  I also washed my coat and jacket it looks to be coat weather (for me) this week.  I will be out there at 5:30 AM I will want something cozy.  I did manage to pick up a hoodie and a jacket/coat in white so that makes me easier to see at the bus stop.  

But once the driver gets used to the route they start to look for you, too.  They change the drivers every 6 months so I will be getting new ones in a couple of months but until then they do know to look.  

The other day, in the rain, I forgot my flashlight which I also use to signal the driver.  But they saw me and stopped anyway.  Thank God.  

I can't imagine anything worse than getting passed up in the rain, unless it was also cold.  Which is why I am saving my Uber cards for a really bad day.  

We get these nasty cold fronts that come in, bringing rain, so I am soaked and then it is freezing.  They are really awful.  Last year I had an utterly MISERABLE ride to work in a so-called "waterproof" coat from Amazon that got wetter than a sponge.  It was freezing cold and very windy.  I was just utterly miserable.  

If that happens again I am getting a ride.  

Hopefully it won't.  

Anyway that's it for now.  

No comments: