Thursday, October 5, 2023

Early Thursday

 Work was interesting.  The boss said "You don't do [old job] any more" (even though it has me listed as just that on the computer, and I still have access in the computer to aspects of my old job) you do "this" now.  So I did that.  At two points I helped her out a lot - she had given her keys to another associate who left them on a shelf near me. I found them and called her "Are these your keys?" "Let me see" and I took them over to her, she said yes they were and she was smoking mad because she had loaned them out to the person who lost them. 

At another point she needed an assist on something and I did, she thanked me sincerely.  So that was nice.  

It rained off and on all day but was "off" when I left so I took the bus home, it was fine.  The one bus driver is very appealing but a little young for me, I think.  😂  Maybe 30?  Way too young but a nice white guy with a tidy beard.  I like a little facial hair on a man but I like it groomed, not like Ron.  He is very friendly and we chat some but that is all that will be. He doesn't talk to the other passengers. 

It's a rough route though. 

He had to pick up a (I will call him Joe) Joe had to get a lady in a wheelchair.  Her caregiver was also disabled he has some sort of severe tremor disorder and she wanted him to carry all the takeout they had bought.  So you can imagine that was slow right there, then she had a lot of trouble boarding the bus and getting secured so that set us back several minutes at pickup and then again when we dropped them.  So I missed my bus, had to wait half an hour.  

What's really annoying, when I am waiting: the buses have a sign that goes across the top front with the route name and destination.  Example there are two 56 buses, one goes to the Medical Center and one goes to Montrose.  So it will say 56 TMC so you know it is your bus.  

We will just say I ride the #13, and the sign always says "Your House" when it's going my way.  So the #13 goes racing by with the "Your House" sign but he's in the wrong lane, passed me up. I was smoking mad and cursed a little.  

I have found I only curse now when a bus passes me up.  I suspect the #13 is simply out of service and going "back to the yard" but I don't know.  I just wish he would take down the sign so I wouldn't get my hopes up.  

But it was fine going to and from work.  The threat of rain had all the homeless holed up somewhere.  

I got home.  

When I checked the mail I found out my electric bill had come and it was $50 lower than I had planned, I was pretty happy about that.  

No one could talk so I just ate some lunch meat and went to bed.  I slept OK for a change, when I woke up it was pouring but it seems to have tapered off for a while. 

If it looks nasty later I will take a Uber to work.  That's it for now.  

No comments: