Thursday, October 26, 2023

I slept OK last night considering

 I had a decent ride home from work; two different drunk alcoholics at the bus stop one telling me how he cleaned it up after someone crapped all over.  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  The other one was the guy I saw yesterday, wearing the same clothes, drinking and smoking at the bus stop and trying to make conversation.  

If I was going to be interested in a man it would be the first bus driver who brings me home; he is very nice, a skilled driver, good at dealing with difficult customers, etc.  He is also about 15 years younger than me so I assume any interest from him is friendly only.  He was asking me a lot of questions (not typical) yesterday when he found out I would be "gone" for 11 days.  We agreed it would not be fair to a dog, to get a dog, with our work schedules. 

But to back up a little I had a horrible headache all morning.  I tried the fried lemon pie on my break and that eliminated it.  I have no idea why the fried lemon pie even works but it does.  I had to take a little Excedrin later but it helped tremendously.  

The mean boss was off so that was nice.  I just didn't feel up to dealing with her, with the headache.  The boss who was on duty is fair and reasonable.  

One employee had better watch her step, she is very slow and makes a lot of excuses, but the other employee whose work it affects is taking pictures and talking to management.  It has been my observation they let employees "run wild" to the untrained eye but they are watching.  

I think another employee is slipping out of work to go do booty calls with her boyfriend and a "coach" (assistant manager); management knows but has not decided to confront her yet.  But you can bet they are documenting.  

I assume they do that with me so I aim to give them a good day of work.  Every day.  

So my ride home was fine once I got on the bus and I did chat with the driver for a change.  The routes are changing (they call it "the bid") in about 5 weeks; all new drivers on my routes.  I don't even have to go looking for new drivers they come to me.  So if this guy wants to learn anything about me he had better find out now!  He loves chocolate so I will give him a chocolate bar the last day I see him.  

I came home and talked to my parents, then took a couple of magnesium pills, 2 valerian root capsules (good for sleep), and my usual evening pill lineup.  I slept great for me and only woke up a few times.  I slept from about 8-6 which I needed as I had 3 days in a row with only 5-6 hours of sleep.  

It's supposed to rain today but I'm going to try and make it on the bus.  Ace will get me an hour after work so I have time to do a little shopping.  

I have had the AC/heater off (do you know how hard it is for me type heater and not my name?) most of the month so I should have a pretty small bill on that.  But I will wait until I have the actual bill in my hand which will probably be a week and a half.  I paid off one credit card as well.  

I have been trying to find early voting so I can vote on the amendment to lower property tax but have not found a good spot yet.  

I decided to do some laundry this morning as it's going to rain later, I don't like to run my washer during thunderstorms.  I don't want to do laundry tomorrow morning and I need a pair of black jeans for Friday afternoon at work. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: