Thursday, October 12, 2023

Praise God it's Thursday

 I made it to 4 PM, left, caught the bus.  My first driver (the cute one) was teasing me.  I like him but know nothing about him and I have put my heart on the shelf for now, it is fun just to talk to a nice friend.  And one good piece of advice Ron gave someone you should always be friends first.  He is a white guy with a beard, around 30-40 years old we enjoy flirting a little.  

So when I got off his bus Tuesday night (I only talk to him when I'm boarding and getting off) I told him I would see him next week, thinking it was Wednesday.  He laughed and said OK.  Yesterday he was teasing me about it and I said I was just THAT TIRED.  So that was fun I enjoy seeing him.  He also has a great attitude the bus behind him makes him do all the work.  

Let me explain, I will call them Bus A and Bus B.  Bus A leaves at 1 PM (say) and bus B comes along at 1:15.  Bus A is picking up so many people Bus B catches up.  Bus B is SUPPOSED to go out ahead, catch some passengers, and fall back, Bus A goes ahead, Bus B leapfrogs again, etc.  Well Bus B just sits behind him until they are almost at the end of the line then he pulls out ahead. But my guy has a really good attitude about it.  I respect that. 

He teased me a little when I got off, both of us knowing he'd see me next week.  It is cute.  It means nothing as well.  

We had a guy on the bus last night he got picked up in front of my Walmart. He had a new bike and several bags and large packages (cookware set, electric griddle, tabletop burners).  He couldn't figure out how to secure his bike.  

My 4:25 is always VERY crowded.  I can usually find a seat if I get on BEFORE the Walmart and I am glad I do this (a traffic light at my stop, but not in front of work). So the worst thing you can do is bring a lot of junk on the bus, there's no where to put it.  It was very awkward and very slow.  A "homeless" man was shouting he wanted to go back home (to his apartment!) and it got a little tense there.  That took minutes, then when he got off he did the whole thing in reverse and that took more time.  

I will call it the 5 PM bus to go home, if my first bus runs quick I can get her but lately it has been (because the other bus isn't helping, I think) the 5:30 bus for me which means I am out at a shared bus stop for about 20-25 minutes holding up a bag of candy as bus drivers approach.  I find it very entertaining.  

I see the bus approaching.  I hold up the candy.  Some swerve immediately to the left and get as far away from me as they can, stomping on the accelerator.  I always laugh but it's actually sad.  Some speed up to me, stomp on the brake, open the door, I tell them "I'm not riding I just want to give you this" and hand them the candy.  One or two keep going in their lane but they wave.  

There a lot of buses come through this stop so it keeps me busy.  I have been handing out several bags of candy during this period.  

I got off at my stop (a lot about my commute today!) and walked past the vacant lot and the dog is STILL there.  It is a huge husky.  It could have attacked me I got pretty close to her lair I think but just barked at me and did not chase.  

But I didn't have my stun gun due to the rain.  I will carry it today of course and then I also need to stay across the street.  She doesn't bother me there.  And then I probably need to put her on Next Door because someone is probably looking I don't think Huskies are cheap. 

I got home OK.  Dad was at a board meeting so couldn't talk and Mom is of course busy in Florida.  I called my aunt but went to voicemail but she is super busy with 9 grand kids.  Her son just had an on the job accident (not awful but pretty nasty) so she is probably nursing him too. 

I got home at 6:30, got on the computer for a little bit and went to bed at 8.  I woke up once or twice but slept straight until 6.  It was great.  I really needed the sleep.  I feel more alert but am battling a small headache.  I need to decide if it is worth taking some Excedrin.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: