Tuesday, October 3, 2023

As I was leaving work...

 So I thought my day was bad enough but my boss was in a VILE mood. She managed to completely demoralize the whole night shift in just a few minutes. And they are hard workers.  Sad, sad, sad.  

I thought about 2 things: how, when she had her tragedy, some employees flat our REFUSED to sign a condolence card.  And I thought about how, when Ron was hurt, our employee Debbie wept over the phone when I told her about his injuries. And I had already told her we were paying a week's severance (the boss man at Blind Vendors refused to do the 2 I requested).  

Sad, sad, sad.  

So Mom texted me a photo of a crocheted triangle shawl and asked if I could make her one.  I said sure, when I clocked out I would look at yarn.  

As I approached 4 PM 2 different team leads asked me to do 3 different things.  I finally had to say "I go home in 10 minutes.  I can do one thing, what is it?"  so they told me and I did that, clocked out, went to look at the yarn in the "Fabrics" department. 

Mom wanted a blue yarn so I lined some up for her.  


and 


You can tell I took the photo because I always have the finger in it.  You can see my treat bag in the lower photo.  

Mom decided she liked this: 


So I got a couple of that; a navy one, and a yellow one for myself.  I also got some implements to construct my creation. 

The associate who does Fabrics saw all my junk lined up and teased me about it; but I put the unwanted stuff away properly.  

Then I looked at the Uber app.  Admittedly it was rush hour and a heavy rain but they wanted $20 for a simple ride home.  That's not counting the tip.  So I said "If I'm spending $20 I'm getting Ace" - when I told Ace that, as he was driving me home, he grinned.  

The yarn got wet but that won't hurt it. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: