Friday, October 6, 2023

My cats are A+

 I really feel like the cats are here to take care of me.  When I have a hard time getting started in the morning they are in my bed prodding me to get up and feed them.  When I have to face taking a shower (for me it is just a massive undertaking when depressed) Biscuit lays on the tub mat the whole time.  Today Biscuit was in my chair when I went to do my God Time and he let me pick him up, sit down, place him in my lap.  He purred the whole time I read the Bible and petted him. 

Yesterday they were awesome cuddling me in bed and Cleo licked my hand several times after I got sick. I thought that was adorable.   

I drank the single Liquid IV I had and then I made up some of my own hydration solution.  I use 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t "lite" salt (it has potassium in it which is what we're looking for), that is all for the base formula with of course 1 quart water. The fancy version has all the above plus a wedge of lemon and 1 t regular table sugar, which is good for rehydration.  I drank a quart of the plain version and made a quart of the fancy version to go to work with me; and made a glass of water (16 ounces) with 1/4 t salt and a wedge of lemon.  It's not bad.  I require a lot of salt as "The lithium ion is a bully that pushes out the sodium ion" Doc has lectured me about it many times. At least I don't have to worry about dehydration and it does not make me nauseous to drink it.  I plan to drink regular Gatorades at work and maybe get some Belvita to nibble on if I get hungry.  

I'm dressed, did up my candy for today (with Bible Promise books), it is a little cool out actually so I will wear my jacket.  The bus drivers always run the air conditioning even in the winter which I hate. 

I am just hoping work is OK tonight.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: