Saturday, October 28, 2023

Last night was brutal

 Horrible headache and stupid work drama my aunt referred to as: "Bizarre and Ridiculous" which summed it up nicely. 

I slept OK got up early, went to Krogers which no longer sells the Wowbutter.  Well, crap.  I stood there in front of the peanut butter display for a good couple minutes scratching my head; that was the whole reason I'd come.  I bought 2 sodas and left.  

I gave one soda to my next driver and he was happy to get it.  Poor things.  

I got to the store near my house and YES praise God they had the pinata mix.  I wanted 20 pounds, they had over 100 so everyone won.  No, I only bought the 2 bags.  I got a gallon of milk and some plain shredded wheat as well, some more ziplocks because I used up another box this week; each box holds 50.  

I was out at the bus stop waiting to come home and it was pretty warm.  There was a young black man at the bus stop but he was well dressed, had on wireless headphones, his hair was tidy.  You can learn a lot about a person looking at their hair.  If it is clean and trimmed I don't have anything to worry about; greasy and disheveled is another matter.  I told him to go first when the bus came so he did, I stood in the front (the store really is near my house and not a long ride).  I don't have an issue with braids or dreadlocks.  

It was a training route that had 4 drivers and the instructor was telling them how I'm the candy lady, see the candy in her cart?  She bags that up and hands that out with a little booklet or a Bible, the one lady's like what?  I gave her the treat bag.  

When I go to the grocery store I get a Snickers and a soda in addition to the candy bag.  So she looked and there it all was just like she'd been told.  She started drinking the soda and munching on the candy.  I got off at my stop.  

The young guy did a good job driving but could have gotten closer to the curb.  At any rate I told him "You're doing great!" and gave him a thumbs up as I rolled off down the sidewalk with my treasure.  

It was pretty warm and I had turned off my AC.  So I realized if I'm doing the candy up today (candy bar, candy, and booklet all in a baggie) I would need the house below 76.  Which meant I would need the AC.  Because chocolate melts at 76 and I am not handing out melted chocolate.  Tomorrow night it gets cold so I don't need to worry after that.  But those candy bars are coming out of the fridge today.  

I turned on the AC when I got home, after I put up the milk, and the house is freezing.  I like it more around 82-85 not 75.  But if I want it at 74, and I do, the AC does a mighty job of that.  Good system I need to get the name off the unit.  Good boy.  

So I'm going to line up everything on the bed and do an assembly line.  I've been doing this about 20 years now.  Bags, booklets, Snickers (full sized!), handful of pinata mix (I have 27 pounds which ought to do the job), zip it closed and put it in a tote bag.  I'm going to sit in a chair because I'm going to be at this for a while.  

I'm going to go get started.  

I think about a third of this is going to actual children and the other two thirds are going to bus drivers.  But the bus drivers are really excited about this.  

No comments: