Saturday, October 14, 2023

Well the trip to the grocery store was nice

 I will start off positive.  Years ago I read a book "Contact, the first 4 minutes" that said always start off the first 4 minutes of a conversation with positive talk because it sets the whole tone for the day.  

So I will do that with you.  I saw a sweet old lady in line for the food bank and I felt good about her (I didn't go it was all people in cars, I'm proud, and I would feel weird getting free food and dropping $20 on candy to hand out like I planned).  When I did get to the grocery store the cashiers were really excited for the candy and one of them said "Oh, what's this?" when I handed him the candy and then "Oh, I've heard about you" which I thought was fun.  

I stayed under budget, very happy about that.  

I came home and he was there.  

Yesterday there was a man at the bus stop.  I had some red flags go up.  He was decently dressed, reasonably clean, didn't stink.  But he had a shaved head with hair growing back in a sloppy manner and a lot of stubble on his face.  He had an unusually full, heavy, backpack and seemed to be entrenched at the bus stop.  He saw me watching him and made a "business call" on a cell phone which I found very odd (I don't think he was talking to anyone).  I continued to watch him and he got up and left, putting on his backpack and walking very quickly and strongly off over the horizon.  Very strange.  

Today he was at the bus stop. I was coming home, he kept trying to wave off the bus (so he's not a rider!) and acted annoyed when she stopped and opened the door, then he saw me getting off and his face fell because he knew I realized he was homeless and trying to move in to my bus stop. 

Did I mention I am territorial?  I am not happy about this development.  

No comments: