Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday morning

 I had about 3 hours of sleep Monday night but I still managed to work OK yesterday.  I feel like the company got their money's worth.  

Dad is out of the hospital, they put him on a water pill.  I suspect he has congestive heart failure but he is in good spirits now.   My grandmother had a good day yesterday, got up, ate a good meal, etc. So who knows how long it will be for her. Dad is going back home Thursday.  By himself.  

I am not crazy about that but it is not my call and he is in much better shape than he was a week ago.  He did say he would keep his phone in the pocket at all times. His doctor also wants him to track sodium intake so I told them about Carb Manager. They have a really good foods database so I think that would be best.  

The cats are good, Cleo was in the bed when I got up. Tomorrow I don't work until 2 PM so that will be nice.  I talked to Ace and arranged all my rides for the next week so that's set.  That is nice not to have to worry about rides. 

I just need to get the cash to pay for them!  

Yesterday there was an obese white man at the bus stop when I left work.  He had a huge belly, unusual in the homeless, and very clean clothes so I don't think he was homeless.  Anyway he's sitting at the bus stop drinking out of a flask, quickly, like Ron would.  He left when he saw me watching him.  

WHAT is the appeal of getting drunk at a bus stop?  Even Ron didn't do that. He was always embarrassed for someone to see him impaired so he drank at home.  But these alcoholics get drunk at the bus stop, worse manners than an animal; human waste and urine everywhere...it makes it very unpleasant to ride the bus.  

I'm not hating because God has me on a mission handing out material to my drivers, but if I didn't have that I would be very bitter and hateful.  I was watching him yesterday (Metro did clean the bus stop but you couldn't pay me to walk in there or sit on the bench!) thinking "My feet hurt after a long day at work and I can't even sit down because of people like you"  

It is sad. 

Monday night I got 3 hours of sleep like I said, I also vomited in the shower.  I think it was the tea on an empty stomach.  At any rate once I finished I finished my shower and went to work anyway - I bought some Belvita Biscuits when I did get there and nibbled on those. Because I have a job to do and they are counting on me.  

I think some pride is good in this case.  I was told at age 17 I wouldn't be able to live on my own and support myself; I have exceeded that.  

I am really glad Dad is doing better I was worried about him.  I know I won't have him forever and I've said pretty much everything I would need to say.  I just want him to have a good quality of life however long he has left.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: