Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tuesday afternoon

Ron's alert, but feeling pretty poorly.   But, like I told him, he had a major neurological event.  

I haven't done much, I cleaned out the backpack, found the receipt for the paid off credit card bill, and stored that in a better place.  

Ron isn't very hungry but has had some lemonade.  I am sitting here, not very hungry, and wishing someone would come along and make me dinner.  That is not going to happen.  I will likely have a protein shake, which is why I buy them, for times like this.  

Ron is asleep which I hear is the best thing.  If last time is any indicator he will be OK in a day or two.  I would rather not take him out, anyway.  

I will check the mail in about 2 hours, I have high hopes "something" fun will come soon.  My new credit card (not that I'm going to rack up a lot of spending), etc.  I think I am going to work on the bed.  

 I had to chase Cleo off the bed, but I got it stripped down to the mattress.  I took off the vinyl fitted sheet, I suspect it is really aggravating those hot flashes.  I will just take my chances with stains.  I laid a flat queen sheet on it, to provide a little protection.  Sheets are in the wash, soaking and then I will run a cycle.  I have asked Ron to let me know when he feels up to getting in the wheelchair, I will strip his bed and make it with a draw sheet.  That will make it easier to move him in bed.  

But I'm not going to rush him.  One thing my niece told me having a seizure takes a lot out of you.  She has them, my mother did as well.  I always figured of the two of us, Ron and I, I would be the one with this problem.  But nope, it's him.  

Probably better, can you imagine having a seizure in the middle of Walmart and then someone steals your purse in the chaos?  It would be horrible.  

So I will see what he wants for dinner.  I am a little scared to offer him the protein shake as he had that about 45 minutes before the seizure.  I guess I will offer some split peas.  

I will probably have some canned beans with my protein shake.  I think I am going to do that now.   Done, I had half a can of "mixed chili beans" and a dairy based protein shake.  

I got Ron out of bed and made it.  Good, I need to wash that sheet before it crawls off on us.  

No comments: