Monday, June 8, 2020

Monday Morning

I slept great but had a bad scare when the alarm went off, it said 12 PM.  I thought I slept all morning?!  I got up to feed the cats, who seemed surprisingly patient for having been "starved".  I saw 7 AM on the microwave and also on my cell phone so apparently I messed up my alarm last night.  I don't see how I did that but you never know. 
 
I helped Ron, took my shower, etc.  Cleaned the litter boxes I don't want it poopy when the computer guy comes.  I talked to Ron and we set up our trip for tomorrow, inventory run, and talked to Jack. 
 
And here is where I am probably a terrible person.  Jack broke his foot when a wheelchair client ran over it with her power wheelchair.  It is actually a fairly common injury.  The clients don't know how to control the wheelchair and many of them don't speak English, so "Back it up a little" can be misinterpreted and end in injury. 
 
Now I need to explain how Chuck "helped" us, he would drive to Sam's, play head games making the cart attendant wait for him to drive over (once, the guy walked off and I had to load it myself, I was PISSED), he would stand there and watch poor Ron literally crawl into the truck bed to help me get everything pushed into place.  I would stuff Ron's wheelchair by myself, we would enter the pickup, he would drive us to work (what we really need to be honest is that ride), then he would stand there and watch Ron push things out to me (no wonder Ron's back is toast) just standing there gossiping with postal workers making 'helpful" catcalls, etc.  I am sure he still thinks he was a great guy for "helping". 
 
Jack does not do that he literally oversees everything from the loading to unloading.  One time Ron fell on the ground trying to help and Jack banished him from helping.  Ron accepted graciously he needed someone to tell him it was OK to stay in the truck.  I had attempted to do that but he won't listen to me. 
 
There is probably a good business in that for someone, go to someone's house and offer an "unbiased" second opinion that backs up what the caregiver has been saying.  [grin]
 
So Jack was very abashed saying I might need to take the carts up the ramp, I said that was NO PROBLEM we just needed the truck and ride, I could load and unload.  He said "Oh, no I can help with that" just getting the cart up the ramp which I did EVERY time with Chuck.  And we are not getting a lot of heavy bottled drinks mainly snack items tomorrow  We will pay him the same of course... but I am probably a horrible person for "using" him even though he said he could do it (what we need).  I will probably need to stuff the wheelchair which isn't a problem either Jack is SO much better than Chuck.  I am really glad God sent him. 
 
But I am sure I will look like a monster with poor Jack limping around in his boot, helping me.  I am going to try and give him extra if we can swing it, Ron will support that entirely. 
 
So I can finally stock the snack machines, they look horrible.  We will get some Coke and Diet Coke so we can cover that.  Those are, in my opinion, not as heavy as a case of bottled drinks so we will be OK. 
 
I am sure I already mentioned the lentils were a huge hit for both of us last night.  I looked up the seasoning online and no MSG.  Even more importantly they didn't give me a migraine, which can happen sometimes with "new" foods.  The cleanup was super easy, too, with the spoonula and my nonstick pot. 
 
That's an all around win, and my bigger pot comes this week.  Ron and I annihilated that pot of beans right quick so a bigger pot would be welcome.  I don't always know my energy level so something I could make a lot of servings at a time is good. 
 
I need to eat so I can take my pills.  I had some almonds, that was interesting... I didn't react to them.  I had problems with almonds before but seem to be OK now, which opens up a world of energy bars.  You still couldn't pay me ANY amount to touch chocolate, I might if you paid me 6 figures, arranged nursing care for Ron, care for the cats, and a week of medical care for me as I endured the migraine. 
 
But I am OK for almonds now. 
 
On a totally unrelated note I am not sorry my jewelry is gone, I don't have to worry about caregivers walking off with it.  And it's not like I could get it back, it is long gone now.  I believe someone went through my stuff in the storage unit before it came back to me. 
 
And weird things like the box full of syringes and b-12, but I got the blood sugar testing supplies back?  Just bizarre.  Reminds me of when I was growing up and I had "room raiders" walk off with the most bizarre items. 
 
But I don't place a high emotional value on most items any more.  I am a little annoyed my assortment of wedding rings is gone I had a collection of titanium and tungsten in different sizes, they were good as my hands retain water sometimes.   So that is a little tiresome, I would have liked them but the "nice" jewelry not good memories for most of it. 
 
I sat on the couch to eat a snack and Cleo came along wanting petting.  She is probably the most needy and most desirous of physical affection, out of all my cats.  I find that really funny and cute.  Torbie is fine with Ron, she will lie next to him for hours at a time.  They are all adorable but there is something endearing about my former feral getting in my lap and nipping at me when I stop petting. 
 
And some of you never thought I'd get to this point.  Cleo may have left after the pipe break but she did come back, and made an obvious and clear decision to be a house cat after that.  I was prepared to care for her as a TNR cat if that's what she wanted but she decided she wanted a home life, and got it.  I am really glad I did not have her ear cut. 
 
She has such pretty ears I couldn't bear it, and I was right to keep her as a house cat.  Had she only been a TNR cat I would have had to do it for her own protection.  I just wish I spoke fluent Spanish, and knew the lady who does feed the ferals, so we could figure out a program to get everyone fixed.  But it's probably better I just don't have a lot of discretionary funds right now. 
 
But Ron does assure me we ARE getting the toilet done.  We have to take care of work, figure out a good brand to buy, talk to the plumber.  I need to clean around the base so it can have a good seal when he caulks it.  Etc.  Then I will feel fine having people over. 
 
Huh I just saw an ad for a real estate company, they help you buy and sell your home.  We used that company and thought they were a classy operation.  They did so many sleazy things I would be typing all day if I listed them. 
 
One thing I strongly suspect they did: she was adamant we use "her" home inspection guy.  We said no and hired our own, but she demanded his contact information before he came out.  Like fools, we gave it to her, and "somehow" he missed major issues like severe structural issues in bathroom (since repaired), electrical problems (also fixed), etc.  No one is that stupid anyone with a modicum of training would have seen the house needed a LOT of work before sale.  At the very least they would have had to deeply discount.  As it is we demanded they take $2K off the total because we had to pay for a new roof, even Ron could have seen that...and the agent offered to have "a guy" come out and fix it... HELL NO I WANT A WARRANTY, you greedy bitch!  I didn't say that but we made it clear that's the ONLY way the sale would go through.  And they did cut $2K off the asking price, they had to, we made them sign something. 
 
Or my other favorite: oh, the seller's girlfriend got laid off (she was pregnant).  You will have to rent the house back to them after the sale.  Hell no we said, she tried to play the baby card, I said millions of women raised babies in apartments and I didn't feel at all bad, they were BOTH ablebodied, I had a blind man in a wheelchair and that trumped their issues.  She thought I was an utter and complete bitch but I was later told I would have probably had them trash the house and go through a very long eviction process to get rid of them, in the meantime they are living in MY house under MY credit, it was VERY insulting they thought we would do that. 
 
What kind of agent, looking out for me, is going to do any of that?  So it just goes to show if I ever look for another house I am getting a Realtor I hear they have a code of ethics and can get in big trouble if they pull any crap like we had. 
 
That has been a common theme in my life very few people have had my back.  I do have a few, though.  And there are some surprises my stepmother for instance is very protective of me now.  When I told her about the pastor preaching against medication she was furious, but not so furious as she was when she found out about the report to APS.  God help whoever made that report if she finds out about it. 
 
I still suspect it was my sister that is the kind of meddling she would do to "save" me and has a grudge since I cut off contact. 
 
Ron is good today, had some pain but is better with his supplements.  I hate to see him suffer. 

No comments: