Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday afternoon

Ron ate a corn dog and some split peas.  I am really happy to get protein into him.  He is very good about taking his multi which is a huge load off of me.  It is not ideal but it has iron and b vitamins, both of which he needs.  Will he take a prescription vitamin?  NO.  So I figure a daily vite is better than none.  And I am working on his diet as well.  

He has lentils with rice, cheese, and sausage for dinner.  The cats are good, Spotty was particularly cute getting up with Ron and loving on him.  Spotty and Biscuit are very bonded and often groom each other's heads or rub heads together, it is endearing.  Spotty doesn't even do that with his littermate so maybe they are gay for each other, I don't care.  

It got cloudy and the wind picked up, the exterior blinds were flapping around.  I rolled them up right as the sky opened up on me, drenching me.  And I had just gotten my hair dry from my shower.  I came in, checked on Ron again, and told him I was taking a nap.  

The caregiver group loved the garlic story.  So did my aunt, she was trying really hard not to laugh as I told her.  I was laughing so hard trying to relate it she knew it couldn't be bad.  I took a nap and actually had an EXCELLENT one with a good quality of sleep, felt much longer than it was but woke with an ugly headache.  If I had to point a finger I would at the Wellbutrin.  I always take it in the morning and I usually get a headache in the afternoon.  I did add some migraine herbs to my pills of the week so hopefully that will help.  

In the meantime I took another headache pill.  I need to figure out my own dinner.  

You know I have been craving GRILLED CHEESE so bad lately, with tons of butter all over the skillet and the bread, cheese oozing out of the sides...I need to get the fixings the next time I go to the store.  I don't plan to go anywhere this weekend though, too busy and the virus running around, I try to avoid huge crowds.  Also the inventory will be depleted as I doubt they get trucks on the weekend.  

The grilled cheese can wait.  But it is something to look forward to.  

I have a truly EXCELLENT seasoned cast iron skillet.  I have had it for about a decade, I just wipe it out and rinse it with hot water and a steel (non soapy) scouring pad, then dry with a paper towel and anoint with more oil.  I can fry up anything in there easily and it is always delicious.  

Ron really liked the taco meat, I just mixed it with cheese (more protein!) and served it to him like that, he loved it.  So I'll get more ground beef when I get the grilled cheese fixings.  That cooked easily in my iron skillet with minimal cleanup.  But I can get that Monday/Tuesday.  

The only notable cooking fact, I take the knob off the stove when I am done cooking so Ron can't bump it and activate the burner.  It is a gas stove and we had a couple "accidents" where he bumped it and turned it on, that's actually how I lost my last iron skillet.  Now we just take off the knobs and keep them in a drawer.  I mount the knob when I cook and then remove it when I'm done.  It works very well.  Yes, it is an old stove at least 20 years, but it fries my bacon.  :)  

That's it.  

No comments: