Wednesday, June 3, 2020

If you're squeamish you may want to skip this

So yesterday I realized I was constipated - yeah, I jumped right into it.  It was very unpleasant, doesn't happen very often but I do have fiber/laxatives on hand for days like this.  So I got into them and took about what I felt was the max.  I love the dosing on the laxatives 1-4 capsules.  How bad do you think it is?  Is it a 4 tablet backup?  Or just a one? 
 
I went with the low end because I had to work today and that could go all kinds of bad.  I had a couple of fiber powder drinks, spread out over hours.  I also got takeout curry which was very good.  I don't know which one got me, the laxatives (I had not taken them before) or the curry (haven't had that in years) but SOMETHING gave me a migraine today. 
 
Hard to imagine much worse than being constipated with a migraine and you have to go to work and put away a hand truck load of sodas. 
 
So we went to work and did that, the delivery came and they dropped a case off the hand cart, it exploded and began leaking soda all over the floor.  I got the roll of paper towels and borrowed a mop.  I will remind you here we have had the business 19 years and 11 months.  We know how to handle a spill.  The 2 guys were helping me, until...
 
A manager came along, meddling and very bossy, pointing her finger at us and shouting, etc.  Not a good management style she reminded me of my first boss when I came to Houston, she was a lot like that, very "shouty".  Ron was required to have a training session for "The One Minute Manager", along with all the other prospects, during his business training.  It was very useful.  Keep it short, don't demean, when you are correcting.  Keep any negativity to less than a minute (hence the title).  Good stuff, he practices it MOST of the time. 
 
Boy I sure appreciated Ron, listening to this lady,  She was shouting at me to bend over and walk along the floor wiping because she thought there might be a drop.  You can tip your head and look at the floor and any moisture will reflect back at you, with a shiny floor like we have.  But no I had to go up and down like a monkey dragging my hands on the floor (with a migraine) to make this woman happy.  I don't know what Ron said to her but she left.  The guys fled to the stockroom with my order and put it away for me, so there was that. 
 
That was just horrible.  We tried to pay cash but the driver said "We're not taking cash with these riots we don't want to get robbed".  That was very sad as they were BLACK.  They shouldn't be afraid of their own people.  So we had to write a check, which meant we had to go to the bank and deposit the cash to cover it. 
 
I also paid the insurance so we don't have to worry about that for another year.  That was about the only good thing.  I also had a lot of people shouting at me over one thing or another while I worked. 
 
We finally came home.  I helped Ron figure out his bank account "Boy I have a lot of Ubers" he said as he listened to the recital of debits.  But we have enough in there to cover everything.  I am trying to call Arturo more too because he is small business and Uber is big. 
 
I was thinking, I forget if I told you, to have Ron practice getting in and out of his wheelchair several times a day.  I think that is just smart and will build up his strength, balance, etc.  He went in and out of several cars today so he is covered for today! 
 
He didn't have much pain.  He chewed a Tramadol this morning thinking it was his chewable motion sickness pills.  "It didn't taste like peppermint, it was awful"  I bet.  So he had both.  It won't hurt him but I am going to get more aggressive about him putting braille labels on his bottles.  I don't mind him having access to his medication but the "One rubber band on this one, two on that" is not working, clearly. 
 
I managed to get unblocked when I got home (a little risky there, at the end, running down the hall), so that is covered but when I can cook I need to make myself a big pot of lentils and eat that.  I am not up for that now but I am still doing the fiber drinks.  One spoonful each of psyllium husk and one of soluble fiber. 
 
I ordered the cleaning stuff, a new pot, and some silicone spoonulas for stirring.  And some groceries which are hopefully coming in a couple of hours.  We will see how that goes. 
 
My head is feeling a little better I don't know if it was the laxative or the curry.  I will have to experiment it could be either. 
 
Oh, I never got my cycle.  So I guess I am toward the end of the road on fertility.  I am fine with that I was never having kids. 
 
But here's the thing - if you are not on a regular schedule any more what do you do day to day?  Do you wear a pad anyway in case it comes?  I ride public transit I don't want to bleed all over someone's car.  I am doing that for now when I go out and not even a speck of blood so far.  But I have plenty of pads so I can do that for a while.  If I get to 3 or so months without I may slack off but I remember how erratic I found my cycle when it started. 
 
That's the last thing I need, in a Uber.  They are always such pretty cars. 

No comments: