Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hot Flashes all Tuesday night

I realized I have been having HOT FLASHES most nights and that's what wakes me up, the bed is soaked, I am dying of thirst, etc.  This happened several times last night.  I was very thirsty every time but my sugars have been checked and I am not diabetic.  

I also read that hot flashes are a common side effect of antidepressants so there's that.  I believe, for me, it is a combination of hormonal and pharmaceutical.  Not fun at any rate.  

I woke up for good around 7 AM.  Pretty uneventful for a little while until Ron fell between the bed and the wall again.  It took a while to get him up.  

I cleared off the bookcase in the garage and placed it between the bed and the wall, stripped the bed, washed the sheets, got Ron in his bed, etc.  He is OK.  

Hopefully the bookcase will prevent him from falling again, there is nothing heavy in it to fall on him if he does manage to knock it over somehow.  He seems to like the setup.  

I just hope I will be done with hormonal drama pretty soon.  I'm going to let my hair dry for a while (just took a shower) and then take a nap.  

I am hoping the hot flashes will abate pretty soon as they are really messing with my sleep.  This could have been going on for a while, I wake up, I'm thirsty, I use the toilet but I don't often notice if I'm hot.  I think this has been going on since at least December.  

But on the plus side Ron and the cats are good there is NOTHING I need to do for them aside from giving Ron his multi vitamin.  

No comments: