Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tuesday

I didn't sleep well but we had to run an errand.  When I got up I found blood smeared all over the hall. 
 
Funny, I didn't hear the cats.  I could tell they had brought something in and eaten it, what, I don't know as it was just smears of blood, no hair, no feathers, whatever it was it was so delectable they ate every scrap. 
 
I had to clean it of course it could have diseases, especially if it was rat blood.  So I took a 2 pronged approach: clean it with Method Grapefruit (I love that stuff), get all the worst of the blood, then sanitize it with my Fight Bac. 
 
Ron started griping about halfway through the Method.  The fragrance was upsetting to him, which is a shame as I really liked it. 
 
NOTHING against Method.  I have their bodywash in my shower, I love the cleaner, but Ron can't do fragrances.  Well, crap. 
 
That sparked a hunt for a decent spray cleaner without fragrance.  Many "natural" cleaners have stuff like orange oil or essential oils added for fragrance, great if you can do it, but he can't.  And it's his house, too, so I have to respect that. 
 
BUT I need a clean house and the next time someone barfs or doesn't make it to the litter box (uncommon, but happens rarely), I need a way to clean it up.  Vinegar has an odor so I can't use that. 
 
Anyway, I am leapfrogging here I did find something, I get it tomorrow and if it is good I will tell you about it.  It has the same type of cleaners as the Method (corn and coconut based) but no fragrance.  It was, I felt, reasonably priced too at about $12 for 32 ounces.  We will see. 
 
I wouldn't say Ron has a chemical sensitivity per se but he does have hair trigger allergies.  Anything can set them off.  And antihistamines are a bad combination with alcohol.
 
So that problem is fixed.  And they come from Amazon from a thriving company so I shouldn't have supply issues. 
 
That problem solved we went to the bank.  We got a check, we wanted to cash it.  We did that.  We also did some other banking.  Now we can buy a toilet and a new garbage disposal.  We came home. 
 
Ron is having more trouble getting in and out of cars.  I am going to work with him on that have him practice getting in and out of the wheelchair a couple times in a row each day, work up to say 20 reps.  That will help him build strength, balance, and endurance. 
 
We came home, I tried to take a nap but Cleo got on me in bed and wanted a lot of petting, and bit me every time I stopped.  Not hard bites.  She is super cuddly with me and has really bonded.  Of course, I put all the effort, sitting out with her as she ate, reading to her, working her up to petting, etc.  I am glad God sent her to our door. 
 
I got up after a while and Ron said he would buy me a new computer, this one is pretty shot.  I can't even use Chrome anymore, but I was able to do the necessary accounting functions.  I left a message with our tech guy and he called us back after a while.  He asked me about my current system and said he had one that would work, for a reasonable sum.  He is going to configure it with Windows 10 and bring it this weekend.  From what I can tell he is charging about half what the same thing runs on Amazon.  Plus it's delivered.  Ron and I agreed I will keep my old box just in case we have an issue.  It is always good to have a backup work computer. 
 
I already backed up all the spreadsheets and Google has all my photos.  Good, that's done. 
 
We discussed other things and I told Ron I needed the garbage disposal fixed or replaced, he said that was fair.  And we agreed a new toilet.  If we do replace the disposal we can have the plumber come out and do both the same day, save us a service call.  And I can set the commode up in Ron's room if he needs to go during the replacement. 
 
Happy about that... mood was good so I did some more housework, etc.  We got Uber Eats, a favorite ethnic restaurant.  I got Chicken Briyani.  It was good and I have plenty of curried rice leftover
 
Hi!  It's CLEO!  She likes to get on the couch beside me for petting.  I am so proud of her.  She is laying down next to me about 8 inches away.  I used to dream of the day she would let me pet her without flinching.  Now look at her, nipping at me when I stop!  So proud of my girl. 
 
Depression hit (the food was good it wasn't that).  I already told you about my search for cleaning products.  "Better Life All Purpose Cleaner".  That's what I ordered.  I like they have a gallon refill that will be great if I like it.  Why screw with a bunch of bottles when you can just have 1-2 and a big refill jug? 
 
The ironic thing for me I have cleaning products Ron does not like due to fragrance.  I will figure out a home for them.  I think I will leave them on the mail box. 
 
I took a shower as we get up early tomorrow and I really don't want to deal with it then.  That's it for now. 

No comments: