Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Very early Tuesday

I haven't said it to him, but Ron needs to count his blessings.  In so many countries of the world he would be lying in an alleyway, dressed in rags, covered in his own filth, starving, and begging.  I know this, I have seen it in Mexico.  He has NO idea how good he has it, with three wheelchairs, his own home, running water, a nice bed, etc.  

Instead he is ungrateful, unthankful, and unappreciative of all the good things in his life.  He hardly even works and he has  NICE standard of living.  I would say he is appreciative about half the time when I do something for him, I can live with that, but he has got to work on his attitude with God.  

He sees God as "Torture Man" some sadist who enjoys throwing adversity at Ron.  A tree ALMOST falls on the house and takes out our fence, the neighbor fixes it.  Ron, myself, and the cats are not harmed and neither is the house or the air conditioner unit right outside the window.  No, Ron sees the other neighbor wanted money to fix THAT fence.  He doesn't see she was happy with just $100.  So $100 to replace two fences and get a huge fallen tree out of our yard, I would call that "A blessing" but he does not.  It's not, in my opinion, a good way to live.  

Now it can be easy for me to focus on something I don't like about a person and go on in that vein for a while.  For instance, one person we know who can only be described as a "pervert and sex addict" who really thinks he is a great friend of ours.  Even though he stole our sales tax money and was NOT going to pay it back until Ron got drunk one night, called him, and read him the riot act.  He later told us "We would just have to understand other things came first".  But just ask him he is Ron's "brother".  

He was so disgusting the last time we saw him in person even Ron was done with him, relating details of how he paid some poor woman to do degrading things with him.  "I like sex, I have money, why not?"  

Because guys who pay for it... are just not men.  Anyway.  And if he has money why did he always have his hand out, with us?  

So I will not focus on Ron being ungrateful to God this morning.  

I went to bed early, fell asleep OK, and had some hot flashes, waking up at 2 with a hot flash and a splitting headache.  I didn't really have a lot of choices.  There was no way I could sleep with that headache so I got up and took some Excedrin.  That ensured I would not sleep.  

Then, I figured, what else to do at 3 AM than talk to God?  He was up.  So I did my God Time.  Ron woke up.  I believe he is drunk.  It would explain a few things.  He had it in his head I had to help him find some of the screw top containers I gave him for urinals.  He had lost a couple under the bed and was "incapable" of reaching under there himself and finding it.  He got in his wheelchair, I got in the bed, bent over the side and hunted around until I found both of them (2 already on the bookcase).  I put them up on the bookcase, Ron is liking that at least.  

I asked if he was hungry, he said yes, so I gave him some split peas.  He was happy enough with that.  I cleaned the litter boxes, that cats appreciated that.  

I will take the trash out later at a more reasonable hour.  I think 5:30 is a little early yet.  A few days ago, I asked some neighbors (nearest my trash can) if I ever disturbed them and she laughed and said no.  They do not work nights either so I will not wake anyone up if I toss something after daylight.  And I just heard someone leave, they get up early here.  

Pretty much everyone on my end of the block gets up early which, GENERALLY means we all go to bed early as well.   So overall a good location for us.  Ron is making noise, let me check.  He wanted another pillow, some readjustment in bed, and a urinal had to be emptied.  

I am a little stiff from my workout yesterday, even with the painkillers.  I will be OK in a day or two I am still functional, I was careful not to overdo it yesterday.  Hopefully Ron can sleep most of the day today.  

It is funny how little I read, especially considering what a big deal was made of not letting me EVER read growing up, and my grandmother was a librarian.  My Kindle died a while back, I have fixed up the house, bought some storage food, and extra cat food but I haven't gotten another Kindle.  I am thinking to wait until Amazon Prime day.  

Worst case I think there is a Kindle desktop app I could use to access the books I own.  I might be interested to check out some of the kettle bell ones.  

Speaking of kettlebells, I am getting more stiff so I took some ginger root.  That is a natural anti-inflammatory and will not interact with my medication.  And this is where a lot of people stop working out, they do the first, think it will always be like this (it won't) and quit.  

I remember Chuck once said if he won a lotto he would hire a personal trainer and say "I want workouts where I have no soreness or stiffness the next day"  and I thought GOOD LUCK.  The first week or two ALWAYS sucks but it gets better.  

And, I lost 80 pounds, twice, so I would know.  I do think the workout plan I have set out is reasonable this time.  It worked pretty well last year.  Once I get over this initial stiffness!  I can still work and do Ron-care, I was very careful about that, but my thighs are just yelling today.   I will be pretty active today and that is the best thing for it.  

I am also going to take a nice hot shower in a little bit and that will help as well.  All I need now is the shower and getting dressed.  It wouldn't matter if I got to the store early, I appear able bodied and they will not let me in early to shop.   And take out the trash,see if Ron needs anything.  

But I think he's good now that Baby Girl got in bed with him.  

No comments: