Friday, June 26, 2020

Friday afternoon

Well, apparently I need to pay more attention to the news.  

Virus is apparently VERY BAD in Houston right now.  So we will stay home for a while.  We will be OK; Ron has his radio, plenty of cat food and treats, I have plenty of food and medication.  Better to go into turtle mode for a bit.  

That is the nice thing about having Ron.  No one's going to fault me for keeping him home.  I will say I would have bought more soda if I'd known this was coming BUT I plan for worst case and have caffeine tablets should I run out completely, then I can taper off.  

I am mainly sick of the animal cruelty commercials on TV.  I have done a lot to rescue abused and unwanted (elderly, feral, special needs, one was all 3) animals, I don't need someone trying to guilt me with images of skinny, flea-ridden kittens.  I am not a dog person.  If I am not mistaken one of the animal welfare charity directors had a huge yearly salary and was quoted saying "What do they think we do, help animals?"  

I spend about $60 a month just on specialty cat food I have NO impetus to donate, and the way things are going now I'm getting into tightwad mode and will not be donating much at all.  Gospel for Asia and World missionary press, that's it.  

Once things settle out I would like to give something to Grace and Truth.  

I think I will have a cup of noodles for dinner.  

No comments: