Monday, June 8, 2020

Tuesday afternoon

Oh, praise God I got the good text editor window back.  

New computer works great, a new OS to learn but I need to stay current.  Facebook, message board working well, Blogger appears to be fine.  I had to turn my volume way down on my speakers as they are now working - it was my old sound card.  

Yard guy came and did everything, now someone else is going a yard nearby.  I noticed my yard guy has that effect.  I used to have the worst yard on the block.  Suddenly it is spic and span (no racial slur intended) and you could measure half inch tall, perfectly edged, etc, everything blown off and removed.  Suddenly I had, dare I say, the best yard on the block.  Now MY yard looks bad in comparison to Heather's so I had better get out there and sweat.  

#7 does not hire anyone he goes out and does it himself.  And he works better than full time some very long hours from what I have seen.  His wife works a rotating shift so someone is always home.  

God, I would feel horrible if I inadvertently let a neighbor get robbed.  Everyone around me, I should say, works varying shifts so you will likely find someone home any given time.  

Ron is still asleep he slept through the whole visit  The computer guy is super nice and very professional.  I gave him a little extra, not as much as I would like but it will buy him a nice dinner or fill up his gas tank and get him some fast food besides.  I forget how cheap gas has gotten.  Anyway I am sure Ron will back me on that, and the new computer did not cost that much.  

Speakers are sure working now (I had some already) they are pretty fierce.  I have them turned down almost to nil and still plenty of tunes for me.  I don't want Ron blasting his music at me so I am also being respectful.  

I just need to figure out if I can do the monthly report.  Do I want to do that today?  No.  I also, and will, check the paratransit scheduling system.  Google freaked out when I signed into my account from the new computer but I was able to reassure it I am still me.  

Let me go try to do that.  How do I make a bookmark?  This is going to be a long day... Figured that out, also verified Ron made the trips for tomorrow and saved his user ID and password.  

I gave out a lot of cat treats today.  Torbie is being a BEGGAR now.  Biscuit fled from the computer guy as expected but Baby Girl came out to say hello.  I gave them all treats now they all want more and THEY HAVE FOOD.   I AM DEALING WITH BEGGARS I need to go before someone walks on the keyboard and puts my computer into safe mode.  

No comments: