Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A long day

So I got up at 2, took care of business, got ready to go, fed Ron split peas when I got up and then a lunchable later.  I also got an extra couch cushion to put between him and the wall so he wouldn't fall.  I fed the cats and cleaned their boxes, and I left.  

I went to the warehouse, open early for a chance, and got everything on the list but I did see gaps in inventory.  I found that alarming.  

I paid (not a long wait to check out it was better regulated this time) and had a long wait on Jack.  He was on time I just finished a lot earlier than I thought.  

I didn't rush him, I think that is as rude as making someone wait.  I was outside with the cart, the weather was nice I felt so I was good.  It was probably a little warm for most tastes.  

By the way, in my menopause group, someone asked "What is a hot flash like" and I replied "Like getting into a Houston car in the summer".  It is very apt.  

He came and we went to work.  His wife called twice I think she is a little nervous about me alone with her husband even though all I talked about were Ron and the cats - and I told Jack feel free to tell her that.  He laughed.  Hopefully it will help I don't want to cause a problem.  

We got to work, unloaded, he left.  They had some contractors working and what a lazy worthless bunch, just standing around and talking, one kept trying to get out the security door - who's going to let him back in?  No one who values their job.  The bathroom and breakroom are in the building.  And every time I walked by (several times over the course of hours) sitting around laughing and talking, playing on cell phones, etc.  Too bad the person who granted the contract was not around to see the workers.  

I did what I came to do and the machines looked great when I left.  I hadn't heard from Ron at all until around 1 PM when he called, he was a little confused where I had gone and I explained I was at work stocking a soda machine.  He smartened up pretty quick and we had a good conversation.  I finished up and realized Jack was at his doctor's appointment for his foot, he couldn't help.  I called Arturo and he couldn't help either.  So I did a Uber home.  

It was about $45 total for Ubers today Ron paid for them.  

I had a pea protein shake (about as bad as it sounds) before I left and was very full.  I found it very interesting I basically lost my taste for soda after I drank it, makes me wonder about the amino acid profile.  I would really like to do one of those very day but they are fairly grim.  I will think about it.  

I had a little bit of a wait on a Uber.  None of the drivers wanted to stand by in this very poor, notoriously lawless, neighborhood.  My driver had to come from about 10 miles away.  

We had a good talk, he was a younger guy.  I told him it is really important to spend time with family and he said he was going to call his girlfriend when he dropped me off, and talk about it.  Good.  

I got home, Ron was fine (I had worried, I was gone about 6 hours) but needed a little tending.  Not much.  I took a nap, had a pretty good one with Torbie, about an hour, woke up with a really bad headache, took some Advil because I DO NOT want to be kept up all night with Excedrin.  

Ron needed more tending, I did that.  I think he is OK I need to feed him and do physical therapy.  But I got a lot done today.  

No comments: