Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday

I had a hard time getting up this morning, I had a fat, sweet, Biscuit in my bed.  When I sat up, Spotty came out from under my bed, I made a little "apartment" for cats down there and he has taken it.  He is often found napping under there.  I got up, got ready, got Ron ready.  

#2 never came by.  Ron had a hard time getting in his wheelchair.  Our ride came, he's been driving 20 years.  He took us to work.  

Ron did not want the foot rest but had a lot of trouble holding his legs up as I pushed him.  I got rather frustrated and we had a come to Jesus in a private hallway.  I said I can only take care of him so far, he has to help himself, etc.  

Motivated, he did some stocking.  He needed a lot of help of course but I did what I could to help.  

We came home, he had a very difficult time getting in and out of Arturo's cab, but he did it.  We are definitely doing vitamins and physical therapy.  I think it's just atrophy because he literally lays in bed day and night unless he needs to use the toilet.  No one's going to be vigorous like that.  

I did get him to take a vitamin but he is brooding.  I'm not sorry I said what I did - I just said you need to be able to do certain things if I can take care of you, hold your feet up or use a footrest, get in and out of the wheelchair, etc.  If he can't do that I can't take care of him, plain and simple.  

I cannot devote myself to his care 24/7 even assuming I could get paid for it.  I would burn out.  If he can't work anymore he needs to be able to stay at home so I can go work somewhere else.   Or he needs a placement and those places are ripe with COVID.  So he should have some motivation - I didn't say the last two sentences to him.  

I have had a bad headache much of the day, not a surprise.  I did get a short nap when we got home after I got Ron to bed.  I found his radio (again!) and he should be set for a while now.  He used the urinal.  

He liked the lunchable from yesterday so I made him a plate with some deli ham and cut up cheddar, he ate all that.  All protein and healthy fat, no carbs.  I will get more lunchables on my next delivery order.  Not sure when I'm doing that.  

We do have tomorrow off and next time I am bringing the footrest.  

No comments: