Saturday, June 27, 2020

Very early Saturday

Menopause herbs are working!  I slept better, not great.  It didn't help I had a big fluffy Torbie in the bed heating me up but I would crawl over molten glass for her.  So, better.  Glad I got them.  

What did I get?  All from Swanson: 
Black Cohosh
Wild Yam
Dong Quai

That is at least 2 continents' worth of herbal healing.  I am taking them according to label directions.  

I woke up Ron was naked in bed.  I used the opportunity to give him a bed bath and adjust him in bed.  He was agreeable.  I need to change the sheet.  

Torbie decided to sleep with him for a while now, it's a good life for her.  Ron was murmuring her name and petting her last I saw.  

I woke up at 4, but I went to bed early so I was OK with that.  I am about to do my God time.  

Done, but I need to play quieter music, it was distracting.  I will do it again later, God is always happy to hear from me.  

Ron was up for a while after I got up but went to sleep again.  Once I verify the bank is open I will wake him up before I leave.  

I imagine no one wants to wake up alone.  Ron included.  One day he forgot I went out and said he was calling me for a while, I thought that was sad.  I found his cell phone and am charging it, I will wake him up once I confirm this bank is open.  He is sleeping so hard I hate to wake him up but the bank is not open very long today and I need to turn on this debit card.  

Then I can do "change orders" without taking him to the bank: important.  I want to minimize his public exposure, for instance, the only time he's gone to Walmart was the day we got him his fan.  We were in and out in 10 minutes.  

And I was in and out of the bank in 5.  The Uber drivers were great, as always, but pretty irked they did a disaster declaration push to ALL cell phones in the area.  I didn't get it?  Anyway, everyone stayed home after that.  

And I didn't go anywhere else I just turned on the bank card, changed some one dollars for a few $20's, and came right home again.  Ron didn't even have time to miss me.  

He is asleep again.  I found his phone and charged it before I left.  But he is out.  

I was reminded of an incident that happened a little over 17 years ago.  Ron's brother always felt like he had to look out for Ron.  So he took the accident hard.  

Of course, being a loving Christian the first thing he did when he saw me was blame me for the accident.  I vainly explained Ron always walked to work by himself and didn't want assistance, had NEVER asked, and would have turned it down had I offered.  He didn't want to hear how I was working 16 hour days for Ron, anyway, I could see that.  But he was very vehement in his hatred.  

He came in a few days later, very subdued.  He said "I guess you were telling the truth about Ron".  Oh?  Turns out he had discussed Ron with a coworker, and the guy said "The blind guy walking down Aldine Bender?  Every day I offered him a ride and every day he said NO"  so then he believed me.  We were OK for a while.  

Ron finally came out of his coma and did well enough when I was around that everyone took notice.  I am not sure how I feel about the concept of soulmates but we certainly have a bond, and that was apparent.  So they "let" me visit.  

Ron progressed and they had him doing physical therapy exercises, etc.  I made a deal with Ron, I would play his favorite CD during the workout and give him a foot massage after.  One day Ron's brother walked in on the foot massage and blew up at me, that I was "pampering" him and "not getting anything done".  I had done everything that needed doing.  

He screamed at me for a while, scared the crap out of Ron, and left.  Later on he got me in the cafeteria, did the "I may have..." routine apology.  I asked him why he was so upset.  

He said he had spoken to his wife.  She was a nurse and had a pretty good idea what to expect.  The more ignorant family members looked to her even though she agreed with one of them Ron's brain was "spinning in his head and pressing on the bad spot" on his bad days.  WHAT?  

Anyway, he talked to her and said "If I was like Ron, would you take care of me like Heather does?"  

"No, I would put you in a nursing home!"  So he was a little upset HIS wife wasn't supportive.  I could see why he'd be upset and why it might be hard to see my devotion.  

And we weren't even married at the time.  I married a blind man in a wheelchair.  I had a pretty good idea what to expect.  

But he was quiet last night, old Torbie got me hot pressing against my skin but I would never complain.  I adore her.  

I will eat a couple of frozen burritos shortly, and take my pills and a nap.  I feel the hot flashes will get better and better (I had a bad one doing the litter box) as I progress with the medication.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: