Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tuesday morning

I did not sleep well last night and Ron was out of it this morning.  I didn't think much of it until he had the seizure.  

I checked the time and it lasted less than a minute.  He came around pretty quick and asked for a wet washcloth and a fan (he always gets overheated).  Per docs, he is now an epileptic.  You get the first seizure for free but the second gets you the label.  

I stood there and made sure he didn't fall out of bed, got his leg off the bookcase (he did a high kick), prayed over him.  He's going to be sore later.  

It was ironic I had just finished my God Time and played "Run Devil Run" I guess the devil didn't like that.  Ron stopped twitching and began snoring for a few minutes, then he woke up and wanted a washcloth.  I turned a couple fans on him because 1. he asked and 2. he got hot and sweaty.  I called my parents and my aunt but did not post on Facebook.  I did let my caregiver group know.  

Dad was really impressed I was so calm but God gives me what I need.  I am going to have Ron call his primary and update him.  He is a nice doctor, concerned, and seems very competent.  Ron may need medication although once every 3 months isn't too bad.  

I had thought to go to Walmart today but am going to wait on that.  I just don't feel comfortable leaving him today.  

He hasn't wanted much, wet washcloth, fan, some lemonade (after he was about an hour out and very alert), turn off one fan as he cooled down.  He was pretty alarmed as he woke up so I kept telling him he had a seizure.  He is sleeping now.  

I am sad he has a new medical condition but I won't really treat him any differently.  I gave him a protein shake this morning with a vitamin before the seizure.  Hope that didn't do it.  We will see if Doc wants to prescribe anything for him when Ron wakes up.  

That's it for the morning, hopefully the afternoon is boring.  

No comments: