Friday, June 5, 2020

They only come at night

We went to work and stocked, I helped Ron.  He was in pretty good spirits. 
 
We have a storm headed not far away so I got some things ordered, they will come tomorrow morning.  The storm is due to hit Sunday night/Monday morning. 
 
It is interesting as I think every hurricane I have experienced in Texas has come at night.  The yard looks good I will need to roll up the exterior blinds and put the chair in the garage but that's about it.  And lock the cat door if it does head more toward Houston. 
 
I have had a bad headache today and got REALLY sick this morning when I took my vitamin, Sudafed PE, and antidepressant at the same time.  Not going to do that again I was miserable.  I had to lie down for a while (happily this was well before I had to get Ron ready for work), Torbie joined me and was very cuddly.  I also had a very nice nap with Cleo, later.  They are so cute. 
 
I did change up where I keep my vitamins in the pill organizer so I won't be taking them in the morning any more.  I guess they are too strong (Swanson Century Vitamins) for an empty stomach first thing. 
 
My new computer should arrive tomorrow that will be nice.  I need to do some housework today but still kind of groggy from the headache. 
 
I turned on my cell phone music app at work so I didn't have to listen to the propaganda, I mean the "news".  I prefer to make my own calls instead of being force-fed what I'm supposed to think.  I think the talk shows are the worst.  Happily someone had tuned away from them to the local news because we do have the storm and they wanted to watch the track.  (Still headed away from us)
 
Ron got into the chips and is eating them.  I will see if he wants a real meal later.  Customers were unhappy.  I may send back one vending machine as it has a track record of ripping people off and they get very angry about that dime.  It is broken you are supposed to be able to set "fast change" (you get your change right away) on and off easily with one setting this says it is on (that's good) but does not give the change half the time, instead retaining it and keeping a credit.  If the customer pushes the coin return it does not give them their money.  It's not a good machine I think it has some major glitches in the programming.  I changed out the coin mech and had 2 different repair men out and no one has fixed it.  So it can go. 
 
We didn't have a lot of inventory as Jack hurt his foot and we didn't have money for inventory.  We stocked what we could. 
 
But I put notes on each of the machines, here are the drinks available:  they will be cold after: Thank you.  And people were still shoving dollars in and trying to push the Coke button, then getting mad when it said "make another selection".   They assumed, WRONGLY we had stocked COLD Cokes just because we were there.  That was wrong.  One woman kept trying to put the dollar in and I kept telling her all the drinks are hot and she still bought one, then got mad because it was warm.  I TOLD HER THREE TIMES IT WAS HOT.  Frustrating. 
 
We came home and our driver told us she thought the president was the antichrist.  We diverted it away from politics because there is not such thing as constructive debate.  You will just have two rock headed people getting upset because the other one is fixed in their thinking.  I had that problem on Metrolift, I had to tell the drivers "I will not discuss politics.  You can guess I am a conservative.  You will not change my mind and I will not change yours so there is no point in discussing it".  "Oh, I just thought we could have a dialogue" - I know what that is: the driver, driving badly, as they harangue me, DEMANDING I agree with them, no thanks.  Hoping to bludgeon me verbally until I become a liberal.  No thanks that is not my idea of a good discussion.  Almost as bad: forcing me to listen to "magic" 102.1 with black liberal racists raving about the evils of white people and conservative viewpoints "You are an oppressed victim, but we will HELP you"  ICK.  And these "Victim" drivers are making $4-5K a month setting their own hours working independently... living good lives homeowners all of the ones I've talked to some with more than one home, but they're "victims".  Just ask the radio station. 
 
Ron will ask them to change it to "smooth jazz" and we don't have a smooth jazz station in Houston so they turn it off.  Of course, Ron, a black man, can ask for it to be changed/turned off but I wouldn't be allowed to because I am an "oppressor". 
 
Hating me just because I'm white is no better than me hating someone for their skin color - and I don't do that.  I have stuck my neck out to do street ministry in ghettoes even black evangelists avoid.  I married a black man, help him with his business, and most importantly for him keep him out of a nursing home.  He is very happy with me and that wouldn't happen if I had hate in my heart.  My one grandmother accused me of being a [black person] lover and she is right.   
 
But I do get tired of the "You have to be a victim" dialogue.  It is like the people who tell me I am a victim - that really pisses me off by the way, the thing that made me the angriest about that letter from APS was seeing the word "victim" on the letter addressed to me.  If I am a victim than someone has to save me.  I save myself. 
 
I have done pretty well taking care of myself, setting boundaries, over the years.  Ron and I are at a good point lately.  He had a problem, on his own, which he admitted was due to overuse of alcohol.  He decided on his own to moderate and has been very pleasant to live with ever since.  Yes, I still have home care issues now and then with him, throwing trash on the floor is one example.  He will ask me to bring him a drink instead of getting it out of his fridge, but overall that's about it lately. 
 
The house is great (better when I sweep a little and do the litter boxes), I have a good work space in the kitchen.  Ron is either going to fix the garbage disposal or buy me a new one, but our primary is of course the toilet.  And a computer for me.  I have food in the fridge and pantry, plenty of the cats' special food, a good stock of bottled water (before the hurricane rush to buy), etc.  So I am satisfied with my home life. 
 
We have work issues but working with it as best we can. 
 
I am taking some steps with my faith, not up to doing the God Time every morning but I am listening more to gospel rap which helps.  Ron is frustrated and weary in his faith walk but still plodding along.  He was trying to witness to one driver today who was a clear muslim, I told Ron later.  Interestingly enough Ron is led to witness to them a lot.  Me it is more the guy on the corner slinging dope in the ghetto but him it is the muslim cab driver. 
 
The way things are going we are definitely in the end of days and you had better get right with Jesus pretty quick.  I know some of you have (justified) anger at God.  I don't have an easy answer for a lot of those questions but I can say my life would have been a lot harder without my faith.  And my faith has taken a beating lately as I have discussed, but I'm still in the game. 
 
I won't be going to the ghetto any time soon until these riots die down, though. 

No comments: