Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday afternoon

Oh, I'm tired.  So I got up, washed Ron, dressed him, took my shower, got dressed.  We went to his bank, where we have the commercial account.  We did our "change order" (convert $1's into something more spendable), paid off the credit card with some money from savings (we had both agreed it was good but unpopular idea).  I got my pay.  

I told Ron he could skip a lot of bank trips if he put me on the commercial account, we were there, and he agreed.  He has been wanting to do this awhile we have just forgotten or been busy/tired.  And boy did it take FOREVER.  But it's done.  Now I can do the transactions by myself, without him (unless he wants to come).  

I won't get whisked to the front of the line like I do with him but I can live with that.  He was thrilled with the idea but pretty wiped out by the time we finished.  We came home.  Ron arranged for a vodka delivery.  I took the cab to Walmart when he brought the vodka - I figured why send away a sure bet?  So he made some good money for an hour's work.  

First I went to my bank, made my deposit.  Then I went to the bill pay center and paid the electric.  Then I did my shopping.  It took me a while as I went to the "new" store and I am not oriented yet.  It took me forever to find my ham, for instance.  

They didn't have Diet Dew but they had Dew Zero which I got.  I tried to call Ron.  

The line clicked, went dead, and then hung up on me.  This happened a few times over the course of my shopping.  I called my aunt as an experiment and her phone rang, I hung up after one ring.  She was busy and didn't call me back which is fine.  

I try not to "bother" her she has enough on her plate.  I looked around and finished my shopping.  This is bad for me, I found some really good Mexican candy at the checkout.  I adore Mexican candy.  The Barra de Coco was sublime.  I gobbled that while waiting and checked my (functional) phone.  Turns out T Mobile was down, again.  

I called Arturo, thanking God he is not a T Mobile customer.  We both have the same carrier.  Not TMobile thank God.  

He said he would be a while but I had a bench, I had the better part of my coconut candy, and some Diet Dr Pepper.  I was fine.  I would rather go with a sure thing (Arturo) ESPECIALLY as at least one cell network was down.  I could only imagine what that had done to the Ubers.  

I am leaning very heavily toward Arturo for Walmart trips, both ways, because he has a great attitude, never complains about carrying packages, has a great attitude (can I say that enough?) and is a hard working family man.  He never complains about putting up the wheelchair when he gets "us".  And when I'm by myself I always tell him that so he knows there is no wheelchair.  

SO I waited, happy to do so, felt safe.  I had my stun gun in my pocket.  

I talked to my aunt and let her know what was going on.  She told me a lot of banking is really messed up lately and basically that Ron and I have it pretty easy.  Could be because we are long time customers (20 years now), could be they just like us, could be all those $1 bills.  I don't know but I am pretty happy with them.  

BUT they have higher fees than my bank, and my bank is easier to access.  So I am happy with my bank.  

So he came and we went home, I put everything away.  Ron was in bed where he should be.  Good.  I do worry about him when I go out alone.  

Am I at the point I need someone to stay with him?  I don't think so.  The way things are going I am starting to think Ron and I will be gone before he deteriorates much more.  

My caregiver group has been helpful with some questions.  Like bed bath sort of things.  I just do a squirt of body wash in some warm water in a little bucket I have, some washcloths.  

Deodorant I am using unscented Mitchum on him, BUT I need to ask if he wants something with fragrance or more of the plain.  I am GUESSING he wants unscented but it might be nice to do a fragrance now and then - but only if HE wants it.  I would not want someone inflicting bad odors on me, and he is so allergic to many fragrances.  So I guess I answered my question, and that's fine.  

I want Ron to be comfortable in his own skin.  Sometimes he refers to himself as my "big baby" meaning I have to do nearly all his care.  He would rather handle his own, to be clear.  But I want him to have a voice in his hygiene.  

I did use my method cedar body wash on him this morning very nice to smell as I cleaned him but not offensive or overpowering, I doubt he even noticed.  But I did and it was nice.  

Secret has a new deodorant that has cedar and citrus, for women, but $10 for a tube is just a BIT much, especially as I have so many bills this pay period.  I didn't get it, I have plenty of deodorant.  

Good I paid Mom and Dad.  Now all I have left is the homeowner's.  I can do that tomorrow that is more involved and I am TIRED.  

But Google pay has been awesome for us.  I set it up with my card # and her email - that is pretty much it.  I just "send again" every month and make a new note.  This month it was "six already?"  They notice when I pay they may not always say something but they watch.  And it came out of THEIR savings so I had better pay it back.  

I could never live with myself if I defaulted.  Ron helps when he can but I had to do this, our pipes were shot.  I would have had to re pipe if I were single so I had no problem assuming the debt.  I DO wish it went on my credit, all my nice and timely payments would look great.  

Ron did say he would float me some money next month to get a secure credit card.  And I believe it will help my credit going on the business account.  I will only ever use the account to do transactions like make deposits, etc.  I'm not taking anything out, that's for sure.  

The manager did come and ask Ron personally if he was OK putting me on the account.  Ron said "Of course".  

 I just had a nice visit with Cleo she got up on the couch with me.  She is very sweet.  And I entered a sweepstakes for Behr paint.  I may get a gift card which would be great.  I have some really remarkable photos:  

Really a remarkable transformation.  

Speaking of laundry rooms I have about 20 minutes on the load I'm doing and then I will throw it in the dryer.  Then I'm going to bed early!  

No comments: