Thursday, June 4, 2020

Thursday

When I talked to Ron's nephew he said they are settling his parents' estate we will see if Ron gets anything.  We are pretty easy to find as the stalker can attest so we will see. 
 
If we did get a little, what would I do?  Well, I would fix up Ron's room - budget would be $2K but come in well under that.  Get a grab bar for his well he has finally agreed that would be good, so he can pull himself out of bed.  New drywall, paint and NEW FLOORS.  Get a nice poster for the wall (I have it picked out already) and we are set. 
 
I would put some money aside for a new roof and water heater as both are up there in age.  If we got more than $10K I would love to pay my Dad early.  I've already paid $1250 it would be great to do the other $6,250.   Ron agrees we would pay Dad back. 
 
Other than that I draw a blank maybe a new loveseat as the one is kind of low for Ron.  New siding for the house? 
 
That's all I can think of BUT we will see our nephew is quite concerned we are going to be screwed.  I don't think the legal system would allow it, when my mother died my sister hid the will.  Or lost it. 
 
There was a will she had sent me a copy of it, in that will my brother and I each got a thousand and she got what was left.  The bank account had about $2,400 so she lied to the attorney and said there was no will so it went to a three way split so we each basically got $800.  But each of us had to get a check for the others to get theirs. 
 
Now, in her defense her house was so densely hoarded I am sure she lost the will.  But I don't believe she looked for it, either, knowing she would get half as much if she did.  Really the best thing to happen would be someone break in, let the cats out, and burn the home to the ground so she would have to start from scratch.  But from what I have heard of the illness she would just re-hoard the next home. 
 
I fight the hoarding trait every day I do not want one of those homes.  I worked very hard to get my home where it is where I can have people over without embarrassment.  Especially when I get my new toilet! 
 
The social worker was thrilled to hear I had done a big purge on my own, apparently she does deal with hoarders because that hit a nerve with her, I could tell.  But I already did that on my own nothing for her to do.  And I did this well before the phone call was made. 
 
"I'm going to save Heather" I'm sure was the motivation but MISGUIDED to say the least.  Come over and help me do laundry.  Buy something off the wish list.  Come clean the litter box, that would rock.  But me a Charmin Mega roll in the "strong" or some unscented wet wipes.   Pray for me to be strong and have wisdom. 
 
That's what I need. 
 
You may know there is a tropical system in the gulf, not predicted to be bad news for Houston, but I already have supplies for any disaster.  The general consensus in the survivalist community is to prepare for anything, food, water, cash, etc. and then no matter what happens you are ready for it.  I think that is a good policy and one reason I always have a month of cat food and at least 4 cases of bottled water at any given moment. 
 
So don't worry about me.  Most important we paid the insurance premium and it's a good company so I am not worried about coverage if something happens.  The tree next door already fell and is gone.  My trees look good.  If we get a lot of storms I will unplug the computer and I already have everything either in a waterproof box or elevated in case we get water in the house. 
 
Don't laugh - it happens, and the reason I had ZERO property losses when I had the flood.  I don't count the laundry, and I had planned to get rid of the other clothes anyway. 
 
I am happy with the house where it is.  I may get another water fountain for the cats they really like the one and I add almost a quart every day.  But we have at least 5 cats and "Paw" the orange tom that wants to live with us gets in every chance he can get.  I am sure he is drinking too. 
 
The low cost vaccine clinic is not open yet but I will be taking the old guard (Torbie, Biscuit and Baby Girl) in when they do open and get them done, they are due in July.  I believe it is important to keep them current as they are in and out. 
 
I don't have to worry about Cleo until September but she is going to be special handling.  I will talk to the low cost guys and see if they want her, if they do I'll take her but if not I will take her to the $$vet. 
 
Everyone is 100% so that's good, I notice Biscuit's fur looks the best it has been on the Iams Urinary formula.  And the other cats are good eating it too.  It is easier for me to feed the urinary to everyone vs your food and his food.  It just lowers urine PH so I don't see that as harmful to an average cat. 
 
I have had terrible luck virtually all my male cats have developed FLUTD so I figure I might as well get Spotty on this now before he gets blocked.  Bubba was the only one who didn't have an issue.  But I had 3 other males who did I know that "blocked" posture. 
 
And I have always fed good stuff, not the cheap crap.  I guess God figured I would love them right.  One thing I have found you cannot feed anything fishy to a male cat they get blocked super quick. 
 
Ron said we should only adopt girls from now on but when Spotty came he was so adorable I had to take him.  He was not very social back then. 
 
One thing you can say about us, we are good at socializing cats.  I am really proud of them all. 
 
I would still have spent all the money on Mama cat even knowing I would not have her long.  I like to think of her sleeping on someone's couch right now.  If she ever gets scanned for a chip she will come back to us.  And if something happened to her I did my best, she chose to leave after the pipe break and made it very clear it was her choice.  The other cats all stuck around but she wanted to leave; her choice. 
 
I also think she wanted to be a single cat household.  That is also her call.  She was very friendly so I'm sure someone took her, she was very healthy, vetted, fixed, shots, etc. everything I could do. 
 
I don't feel bad about that. 
 
I need to clean out the fridge today, and do the litter box, but other than that I am taking it easy.  This week we have been running around like crazy people it is nice to just relax. 

No comments: