Monday, March 1, 2021

Where is my mania? (Sunday and Monday)

 I didn't sleep well but I had a fantastic cuddle with my boy cats.  Spotty in front of me and Biscuit behind me.  

I got up.  Someone else talking about a manic loved one.  It seems like everyone is getting manic these days.  

The illness is not the bad guy; it is nearly always the patient not taking, or being irregular with, their medication.  Staying up all night on the computer/gaming, abusing caffeine.  My favorite; drinking!  If you don't take your meds properly they are not going to work!   I will say that all day long even though people hate to hear it.  

I think in a lot of cases with non compliant people you have to throw them out (to protect yourself and your finances, God help you if they find a credit card when they are manic!), you have to throw them out, let them sink, hit bottom, decide medication is worth it or not.  If not, they end up homeless but they are not a danger to you anymore.  

Now I will sign any consent form for authorities, or pretty much anyone, to talk to my Doctor 'cause I have no secrets and doing very well on my regime.  

I take my pills, so either I'm not getting a mania or I already did during the ice storm.  I got moderately hyper one-2 nights but not too bad.  It went away once I got consistent sleep again.  It seems worse this year though I keep hearing everyone mention their manic loved ones the last week or two.  

We'll see in my case.  I did take some Excedrin this morning but not a lot of success on that.  Pretty sure it is my menstrual migraine (timing is right) so I will probably take some Advil with a 100 mg caffeine capsule to work on the headache, next.  Advil constricts blood vessels and limits bleeding, aspirin limits clotting and makes bleeding worse, so Excedrin would be a bad call.  

Turns out it's another cold front menstrual migraine.  I was OK once the cold front arrived.  

But first I had to go to work.  I had some inventory so I stocked, took the money out, sorted the coins and put them back in the coin changer, left.  

There was a very long line at my bank and the guy behind me said the (preferred) branch had a COVID problem and a lot of the tellers at this branch were out sick, so it was all new faces today.  And sure enough they were people I had never seen before.  I did my little transaction and went to the Post Office.  Boy that was a long wait.  [shaking my fist at mail box vandal]

I used 1000 less gallons of water having it cut off for a week.  So my bill is a little less than normal.  Otherwise unremarkable.  

I went to my bank so I could cover my credit card payment.  I had just enough to do that (I use it for medical expenses) and buy $35 worth of groceries.  I went to Walmart next.  

They did not have some items like the slider buns but Ron can always have his "slider" on a hot dog bun, I figured.  I got the regular whole wheat bread instead of the fancy version.  I did buy my soy milk and some orange juice, and some bananas.  I didn't buy any soda and they were out of the pints of heavy cream I use in my coffee.  

I went home and put everything away.  Oh, they did have cases of bottled water so I got one.  I will need bottled water for pretty much every disaster I can foresee.  

I laid down for a while (I forgot I wanted to take a shower before I did that but I did wash my hands) but I couldn't sleep.  Ron needed help with something and I found something on the floor of his room.  Turns out it was his eye.  

He took his sweet time putting it back and everytime I came by it was icky.  That is all I will convey.  But it's in now.  

I fed him pretty good today he had dirty rice for breakfast and half a hamburger for lunch.  I am done for the day happily.  I just need to give him his pills.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: