Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Wednesday

 Well the day went better than I expected.  

Ron acted normally this morning after I got up.  I didn't flog him about last night I didn't see the point.  Like my aunt said, it is impossible to know what is driving this, alcohol, head injury, medication, all of it.  

Jack and I went to Sam's.  I found a product that would work for Ron's home care issue it wasn't exactly what I wanted but it was his size so I got it.  I also got inventory for work.  

We went to work, I stocked (I left Ron's product in the truck).  It took me a while but I got it all.  I was very happy to watch the guys from maintenance installing sneeze guards and more seating for my customers.  Very happy to see that I have been wondering if it would ever come back.  They will probably be finished by Friday.  

After I finished work I called Jack.  I mentioned I needed   to go to a Walmart.  He took me to one on the way but not one I normally use.  I did find what I wanted, two packages even, and got a few things like chicken strips for dinner.  Then home.  

Now I have a lot of "size medium" products that don't fit Ron.  I put up a notice on the caregiver board and one woman was interested, but then said never mind her client could get the same products from the VA for free.  Well it is nice to know the VA cares for the veterans like that but that still leaves me with 160 items (that is just one style, I have 50 of the other).  I will find a home for it worst case there is a charity nearby probably be interested.  

I want them to go to a a needy family that would otherwise have to buy them, not someone in a $500K house with something for free on autoship anyway.  Also I know people on Medicaid get these items for free so I may have a little trouble, but I have it all stacked up in the living room.  

What I DON'T want is to have it around the house and assume it is usable, fail to buy more supplies Ron can use.  I want the stuff that doesn't fit: gone. Then I have less clutter.  

I doubt he will lose weight enough that he would need the mediums again.  And this just goes to know this stuff is just like clothing.  In one brand he is a S/M.  In other brands he is a Large.  You would think it's universal but some go by lower weights and higher waistbands, others go by a lower waistband size and a higher weight.  It is complicated and they don't exactly have fitting rooms. You have to buy the whole pack and see if it fits or not.  

So I put it online and we will see.  

Ron ate a little chicken but wanted to sleep.  I need to give him his medication in a couple of minutes.   Done.  

He took a nap, very groggy and shouting loudly every minute or so for hours.  EXHAUSTING for me.  I turned off his radio and he kept going but has eventually slowed down.  

I did my God time and took my shower.  Now dinner...I just ate some generic pecan sandies and iced tea.  I bought a nice bag of lemons about a week ago and I kept forgetting them.  I finally took a couple slices and put it in some home brewed tea. 

No takers on my supplies I may need to go to Nextdoor.  There is someone out there can use this stuff.  It may be a few days finding them, though.  

I am praying I have a quiet night we will see.  Worst case if I don't sleep I will get manic which will be a nice change from the existing depression.  

No comments: