Wednesday, March 31, 2021

I think Biscuit thought he was cat food

 I forgot I set up the wet cat food on the kitchen table.  

So I was looking at my containers with the screw on lids and thinking I should just bite the bullet and dish up the remains into the 2 small containers so he can travel.  I did buy the urn I had been considering.  I want to put him in the urn when it comes which means I will have to handle him, and if I am going to handle him I might as well get some practice putting him in the containers.  

So I got the plastic box and put it on the kitchen table (remains inside the box in a plastic bag).  I put the two containers with the screw on lids on the table.  Biscuit perked up and came over to the table, sitting on the floor.  

I opened the box of remains.  They were in a plastic bag with a twist tie.  I undid the twist tie.  And the table shook as Biscuit jumped up and shoved his head in the bag.  He sniffed Ron, looked at me, I moved him off to the side.  

I used a tablespoon I plan to dispose of when I am done.  I put 4 tablespoons of ash into each container.  That seemed like a good amount.  I screwed on the lids, should be great for travel.  Then I redid the twist tie and put the remains back on the bookcase.  I put the small containers up there too.  

The urn is supposed to come Friday.  I will transfer him to the urn when it arrives and display the urn on the bookcase.  But the 2 travel containers are ready to go and are inexpensive enough to be thrown away when I'm done.  

I have done a lot today.  

No comments: