Monday, March 29, 2021

Most of Monday

 I didn't sleep well last night.  I got up, went to work, took the money out, and my aunt picked me up.  We went to the bank and then to a gas station, we both had dry mouth.  We got a drink and then went to the cremation place.  They came out quickly with a box, my aunt got out and was talking to her for a minute.  I wanted that box.  I got out and introduced myself as "his wife" even though "he" was in a box.  She handed him over and said something consoling, I hugged the box and thanked her (later gave a really good review online).  Got back in the car and held him in my lap until we got to the post office.  I got my mail - I got both cards including the one with the gift cards, thank you!  And very sweet notes as well.  

I got Ron's bank statement which I handed over to her.  She is the executor.  I told her she could turn off my life insurance but to keep Gospel for Asia going for now.  Ron really liked them.   

We went to Walmart, my older stepbrother had sent me a gift card so he bought me groceries and a cute work outfit.  We went out to eat and came home.  

I put Ron on the bookcase, but then moved him to the table.  And I'm looking at him in his box.  

And I kept thinking he looked like a bakery box of muffins or cookies.  So I got rid of the outer cardboard.  He had a cremation certificate I put on the bookcase.  

He was in a black plastic case with his name on it, a very sturdy box with a little note on it this is human remains please respect.  Very nice.  I already had the candle and a tract for my adoptive Mom.  I told her how much Ron liked the tract and she said to save her one, she will put an image of it in her slide show she is doing.  And I had mounted the flowers to the bookcase a while back.  

When I finished it looked like this: 

He is behind the candle and tract.  Looks good not in a rush to change that.  

I called my sister we talked for a while.  She is doing pretty well, worst thing lately her cat jumped on up her incision the other night.  

I am going to call my parents in a while.  I thought today would be really awful but it wasn't.  Wednesday may be another story we will see.  

That's it for now.  



No comments: