Saturday, March 6, 2021

A little more detail

 So Ron asked me to run an errand.  I did.  He phoned me after I left and we chatted a little bit, hung up.  That is the last time I spoke to him.  

He had been in a lot of pain this morning, he said his right foot was bothering him and had a massager on it.  I was happy when I came home and found it quiet, I thought he was sleeping.  I puttered around the house for a while and laid down for a nap.  I heard Ron's massager fall off the bed and I ran to get it before it woke him up.  

But he was dead.  It was obvious looking at him something was very wrong.  I called 911, did CPR, opened the door for the paramedics.  They came and took him off the bed, put him on the floor, and did CPR for about 30 minutes before I asked them to stop.  They didn't put up much of an argument.  

They had a good idea of his medical conditions from the 911 registry I had enrolled.  So I just had to talk to a supervisor, they verified he had no pulse after 30 minutes - had no pulse when they came.  They had given lots of epi and had him on a vent but nothing.  Then they left him dead on the floor.  

There was a police officer he spoke to the ME.  They wanted to do an autopsy.  So we would have to wait for the ME to come.  That took a while.  So I was left in the house with my dead husband on the floor.  For hours.  

ME finally showed, went in the house with a camera and was busy for about half an hour.  If I had any secrets I don't have them anymore.  They wouldn't let my aunt in she wanted to look.  They wouldn't even let us say goodbye again after they rolled him out.  But I had already pretty much said goodbye.  I would have liked to give him one last kiss on his head but I can live with that.  

My aunt and I ran some errands, returned what I had bought for Ron.  Now that was an interesting encounter "I need to return this because the person I bought it for is dead"  We went to Walmart.  I bought some soda and a little bit of carby comforts.  I haven't been very hungry though but I do have 2 cans of emotional support frosting.  

Ran one more errand re: work and then came home, hung out for a while.  I took a shower my hair had gotten sweaty doing the CPR and it never dried off.  Got that done.  Called my Dad again, I had basically called and said Ron's dead I have to go.  I did call my sister as well, and the other vendor.  I figured they needed to know ASAP as it will affect their business.  

Still in shock.  Cleo and Biscuit hid but the other cats were out.  Biscuit came out after my aunt left and I haven't seen Cleo except for under the bed.  

What a day.  I will sure never forget March 6, ever.  

No comments: