Friday, March 19, 2021

I have his wedding ring

 Ron's wedding ring had gotten too tight and I asked him not to wear it, worried it would get stuck.  He put it in a small container with a screw top lid, had some flash drives in there too.  All the cleaning and I could not find it.  I just assumed it had been thrown away.  

I had a pretty rough morning and then my aunt and uncle came over to tear out the carpet and finish the room.  I said OK I didn't feel like it but I doubted I ever would.  

And, cleaning off the bookcase, I found the ring and a couple of flash drives with his music.  I threw out the rest of the trash and the trash pickers were taking it before it hit the curb.  One guy told me the computer case was worth a thousand dollars.  Riiight.  I said you can have it, nicely, and meant it.  I put the ring on a chain around my neck and that's where it is now.  

I had the room pretty empty when they showed and they got rid of the carpet, my uncle took out the carpet, padding (there was a definite odor in some of the padding), and the tack strips?  The wood strips with the nails in them, go at the edge of the room?  The trash pickers took the computer case, old monitor, and will likely take the bookcase as well.  I always hated that bookcase.  I have the ring and the flash drives with his music.  We had different tastes in music but I have it now if I want to listen sometime.  It is a nice option and very compact.  

Only the sanitation workers are taking that carpet though it was filthy, stained, stank, and full of dust.  I am surprised my allergies are not worse.  They managed to make 3 rolls tied up about 4 feet long, so should be OK on trash day.  I am allowed 4 items total so that plus the can keeps me legit.  And that is it, the room is basically empty.  I have a few things in the closet, and the home care towels and that's it.  I need to mop the concrete.  

Then we went out for a late lunch.  Ron would have been mad I didn't pay.  I had a quesadilla and they had some of the specialty plates.  They asked if I needed anything and I did a quick trip to Walmart.  I needed toilet bowl cleaner, and floor cleaner.  

I couldn't decide on the toilet bowl so I got both.  Same with the floor cleaner, they had the Lysol clean and fresh lemon which I used to use exclusively but thinking that fragrance might make me depressed.  So I got some fake lavender floor cleaner Ron would have hated that won't have any triggers.  I don't need any disinfecting style even though the clean and fresh does that.  I actually used the Clean and Fresh to clean the floor where Ron lay after he died.  See why I may think it's a trigger?  But it's a good floor cleaner so I have it.  

We came home, said goodbye and they left.  I put my cleansers away, and my food.  I called my parents and took a shower (too depressed to do it this morning).  I'm going to bed in a couple of hours.  Also running a load of clothes in the washer, my hoodie got filthy taking out Ron's table - and that old man couldn't wait to get the table too even though the top is really dirty.  When he gets it home he will discover a pretty nasty wobble to it, Ron fell into it, drunk, a few times over the years.  But that is his problem and not mine.  

So a pretty busy day.  That's it for now.  

No comments: