Monday, March 22, 2021

God has my back, Monday.

 I was thinking about this Bible verse this morning:  Matthew Chapter 628 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not [c]arrayed like one of these.

Today I found, at a thrift store (some new with tags), 8 pairs of pants, 6 blouses (plus one from Walmart), one skirt, one dress, and a large purse, for $120! Two pair dress shoes from Walmart for another $30 and I am done, stick a fork in me.

I slept OK but woke up horribly depressed. I was really glad I am taking my shower at night because it would have been difficult. I went to work. The other vendors are eager to take over my machines, it is depressing.

I did get a card with some donations from the Postal Workers, which I appreciate. I have all the cards in a basket I can look at them on my days off when I am down. I took the money out of the machines and counted it, a little for me, enough for inventory tomorrow.

My aunt picked me up and I went to the bank, did my business, and then we went by the cremation place. It was much smaller than I expected I doubt they have a lot of "residents". It was odd to think Ron was in there. But I wouldn't want to see him like that. We got a snack and then went to the Post Office to get my mail. The clerk knows me so well she didn't need my address. I thought that was funny. I got a couple more cards, and, surprisingly, a very nice letter from the talking book program. We went to Walmart to look for professional clothes. I found a cute rose and mauve vertical striped blouse but nothing really feasible for work/interviews. Unfortunately at a 24 I have very limited options. They had tons of 22's though. Good to know.

My aunt said maybe a thrift store, looked on her phone. Hey, there's one not far away, let's have a look - where I got my haul. They had up to 5x I was really impressed. Most thrift stores simply don't have plus sizes. She played fashion police. We had quite the haul.

I even found a large fake leather tote. I will be wearing sneakers to ride the bus and can carry my dress shoes (more on that in a sec) in the bag, then when I get to the place put on the dress shoes and put the sneakers in the bag (it is big enough). That is much more appropriate than my "Fruit and vegetable" tote bags from Walmart and only $6. Many of the items I chose were also the color of the day.

Many thrift stores tag each item with a color of the day, and as they age they put the "older" colors at a 50% discount. Today's color was orange and several of my items got a discount. That was great. I got a whole wardrobe for NOTHING.

My aunt was starving so we got something to eat, then went back to Walmart for dress shoes. I found 2 very nice pair for $30. I was impressed Walmart had a lot of wide shoes for women. I am a wide. We came home after that. I called my Dad, let him know the good news. He worries about me and is always glad to hear of God's provision. I KNEW God had me on the clothes thing. 👍

I took a shower and shaved my legs so I don't have to hassle with that tomorrow. I think mornings are bad because I used to get up and first thing take care of Ron. Now I just lie in bed with the cats after I turn off the alarm. It is the hardest part of my day. So that's done.

I am going to finish my God Time in a minute. I accidentally ordered a whole box full of teriyaki chicken meat for lunch. It was very good but I am still full! I can wait on eating to take my pills in an hour or so.

Tomorrow Jack and I go to Sam's club, get inventory, and then I stock. I took Ron's photos out of the vending machines today. It was sad but not awful. Mornings, though... ugh.

Anyway that's it for the day. I had a moderate headache all day but managed to get through the day in spite of it. I probably had too much caffeine so we will see how I sleep tonight.

No comments: