Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Out of business date 3-31-2021

 I didn't sleep well, got up, had a headache (cold front).  I took something and got ready.  My aunt got held up by traffic but we got there.  It didn't take too long to transfer the inventory, sell it and some locks to the other vendor, hand over 2 sets of keys (one each for Ron and me), and complete the end of business with the State of Texas.  So that is all done.  

Then we went to lunch.  I had chicken fried steak with BROWN gravy, thank you very much, and the waitress made sure I got it right.  She got a good tip for that.  I had a Cracker Barrel gift card in Ron's wallet so we went there.  My aunt got some sort of fried fish she was very happy with it.  I had mac and cheese and a baked sweet potato for my side.   The waitress was very apologetic they did not have the cinnamon butter I said plain butter was fine in the potato.  And it was.  I like a little salt with my sweet.  My aunt had fries and green beans.  She enjoyed her meal, I enjoyed mine.  

We got my mail (got the Taco Bell gift card, thank you!) and went to Walmart.  I had discussed ashes with my adoptive mom last night.  She said they would be happy to sprinkle some in CA if there was a place Ron really liked, I told her about a park Ron loved.  She said they would be happy to take some/all ashes there if I wanted.  I said I would like for some of them to go there.  Later, considering, I thought I would like some ashes to go to Galveston and then some stay with me.  So I needed disposable containers for transport.  

[When I talked to my Dad about this today he said they would be "honored" to do it.  I had sent them a link and he said it would be "easy" to get there and do it and it would be their pleasure.]

We went to Walmart.  I found some screw top containers in a one cup size that are perfect.  We looked at candles but I didn't see any I liked.  My aunt got me a lint brush so I don't look like a cat lady.  We came home.  

I had confided I was reluctant to look at the ashes and she said she would look and make sure there wasn't anything upsetting.  She looked, said it was OK.  He looked like gravely gray sand.  Nothing awful.  So one hurdle done.  In a few days I will put some ashes in 2 of the containers, one for CA and one for Galveston.  He would like that.  I do want the third portion for myself (repeating myself I know).   Glad I have that done.  

Tomorrow or Friday I need to file 2 reports and then the vending business is over.  I am sad to see it end but ready for a new chapter.  It would be too hard to do the same thing without Ron.  I mean, nearly everything reminds me anyway, a new place will be better.  

The other vendor wrote me a check for the inventory and I deposited it today.  That will pay about a month of expenses if I am careful.  I felt the amount was more than fair.  I feel they handled me fairly, the state as well.  No complaining from me.  

If my next employer asks what problems I had in my last job (a very good question to ask, by the way) I will probably say it was frustrating when I would tell a customer a machine was broken and they would try to use it anyway.  I won't miss that!  

So I got a lot done today glad that is all over - was DREADING it.  I am burning the lilac candle from Bath and Body works, it is very nice, I may buy another online.  I am not going to worry about my job hunt for a few days.  God has taken me this far He is readying my next boss.  

It is funny I am not looking for a caregiver job because every reference in my list would say "She took such good care of him!"  But not looking for that.  As I told my Dad I would always be comparing my client to Ron and coming up short.  

The cats are good, something funny this morning.  I got some turkey shreds in gravy because they all really like it.  But this morning Spotty didn't want it, he wanted dry food.  So I gave him some.  He is eating it now.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: