Monday, March 15, 2021

Monday, and I got the cards.

 Of course I fell back asleep a very deep and lasting one.  Right before the alarm went off.  I hit the snooze a few times.  I got up, got ready.  

I can get ready a lot faster on my own.  It is odd.  I left the house in the dark and walked up to the bus stop.  It was pretty dark and not great crossing the busy street with no light.  Then the bus almost passed me up, because he didn't see me.  He was having a bad day, too, he missed his turn and had to do a 3 point turn in the middle of traffic on a very busy street.  

I got to my transit center and boarded the other bus.  I gave each driver some candy.  We went to work, I got off at the "safe" stop Ron had always asked me to use.  It is a lot of additional walking but it is a far safer crossing.  It was still a little eeky and I was glad when I was across.  

My first driver suggested I get a reflective vest, and I felt the drivers at the intersection couldn't really see me well (my hoodie is black), so I got one later.  It is a very loud orange with reflective stripes.  

The other vendor's (wife) asked me how I got to work and I told her the bus.  How easy it was and not very long at all.  Then I cleaned the stockroom and got rid of some old crap Ron had bought for himself but never eaten/drank.  So it's there... I can get there, I can do the job.  I am a hard worker.  If that is God's plan.  

After I cleaned up I took the money out and counted, enough to buy soda and Sam's inventory.  Pay Jack.  And $200 for me.  I will take it.  I stocked what I could and left.  

We went to the bank and changed all the $1 bills for $20.  Much easier spending.  Then the Post Office.  I had several cards including a note from Eric, and one from my secret pal.  Very nice notes.  Some checks as well, I went to my bank to deposit.  

I have a very nice balance but of course I would trade it all to have Ron back in good health.  The cremation place has been very helpful.  There was a small error on the consent form so I had to sign the amended one.  Then they told my aunt I will probably get Ron in a week and not the month the first quoted her.  That will be nice to have him back.  

I suspect that's when I will see the water works.  My aunt thought it was a little odd we would get the ashes back before the death certificate.  

I will be happy to get the ashes back.  

I got some groceries, mainly a lot of pot pies, the reflective vest and some bright colored t-shirts.  Ron told me more than once he did not want me to wear black if he died, but to "be happy for him" so I think the shirts honor that.  

Before all this I just wore a lot of black I liked it and look good in it, even if it is terrible for cat hair.  I also bought some allergy stuff.  

The total wasn't too bad.  I am saving my gift card for another day as the cashier had no idea how to redeem it.  It was a very long checkout process.  

We went home and I put away the food, signed the consent form.  We went out to Whataburger which I have found is pretty good.  I took my pills when I got home and my aunt cleaned out Ron's "liquor cabinet" he used to keep his liquor in it.  We found some food, and mainly a lot of tools which I gave her.  I am not handy and would just hire a handyman for work.  Plus my hands shake which makes home repair pretty difficult.  I told her to throw it away but she felt the guys at her church could use it (doubtful, I think, except maybe the stud finder).  Not sorry to see all that gone.  I think it made her feel better purging it out.  

I gave her a box for the tools.  She left.  

I took the labels off the shirts and washed them.  They are in the dryer.  I took a shower.  I got a lot done today; and all the walking made me tired so I will hopefully sleep OK tonight.  

So I am tired, sad, and coughing with allergies.  I took my nasal spray though.  I think I am going to try a large dose of vitamin C in some lemonade.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: