Saturday, March 27, 2021

Saturday evening

 My girls are looking out for me.  Cleo lay down with me when I took my nap.  She actually lay between my legs as I laid on my back so I didn't move.  I did fall asleep for about an hour, woke up.  The "Danders" got me and I began sneezing which utterly freaked poor Cleo, who fled.  I got up, puttered around the house, sat outside for a while, came in.  My aunt called she wants one of her daughters in law (who has a degree? in Communications) to proof my resume and cover letter.  I was fine with that.  

Torbie got in my lap as I talked on the phone and wanted lots of petting.  I am bad, I like to play with her claws.  She let me (I didn't do it much).  Then she and Baby Girl got treats.  My cousin is apparently also an "Acts of Service" love language and willing to come do handyman work on the house.  Ron would be thrilled all these guys (church, and family) are looking out for me.  I said I thought I was OK for now.  

Still depressed, still functional.  I expect Monday will be a hard one getting the ashes.  I expect I will cry quite a bit when given what is left of Ron.  I will bring my big hankie.  I may be fine for that but then have a problem at home.  I don't know.  We'll see.  

I will make a decision about an urn when I have him back.   

I just finished talking to my parents they are looking forward to coming out.  Dad keeps talking about a steakhouse.  

Do you know, I have never been to a steakhouse where I didn't cut up Ron's steak first before eating my own?  

No comments: