Saturday, March 6, 2021

"Confusion"

 So another rough night but I think we figured it out: the Finasteride.  He was given it for prostate.  He has been behaving badly after every dose.  

DUH.  

So I looked it up on Drugs.com and if you hunt it says it causes "confusion".  I guess that term applies.  Not for use in head injured drinkers!  

So we are going to change the dosing and give it in the morning instead of nights.  See how that goes.  But yike.  

When I did sleep I got a good "quality" which is all I ask God for on bad nights, if I can't get the whole night's sleep at least give me a good quality on what I do get.  And He has been gracious.  I even did my prayer and Bible study this morning.  

The more I need God the more He gives me.  I am learning I can't do much on my own and it is better to rely on Him.  

One thing that bothers me ongoing I would like to get Ron bedrails/hospital bed but he refuses.  It is like the walking cane.  He would use a long white cane for walking.  He would use a walker.  He would use a wheelchair!  But the support cane?  "Oh no only OLD people need those".  And I asked him "You will use a walker or wheelchair but not a support cane?"  and he said yes.  So I think it is the same thing, only "feeble" people need them.  It is going to take another fall (God, I hope not) or someone he respects telling him "You need this".  

Oh well I hope I age better than that.  Although I doubt I will get old.  1.  I believe the rapture is imminent.  2.  My family history of AFIB, heart attacks, and strokes.  Doctors have said they heard a murmur but it is apparently OK.  And, like one doctor told me "If you were going to have a problem with your heart it would have come up on the half marathon."  


You can see this was a good 20 years ago by the cell phone on my belt.  😂

 Ron is finally resting now he has been up all night and most of the day.  I did learn something interesting, fasting is good for chronic pain and inflammation so I will not be a "food pusher" (his words) today.  He didn't want any hemp tincture and it seems the kratom is letting him rest somewhat.  

It is bad to watch someone I love in terrible pain; worse, Ron would say, for him!  I agree.  I am glad Ron doesn't "see" me in pain when I have a headache or a migraine.  

I'm going to try and get a nap while it's quiet.  


No comments: