Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Tuesday Afternoon

Well Ron called in a Dr appointment for himself, for tomorrow "for my ear".  I mentioned I will have the doctor look at his leg and he said it "wasn't that bad".  He has felt it (I saw him).  I don't see how he can reach that conclusion.  It seems to be healing OK but wouldn't it be better if we could bootstrap some antibiotics to be sure? 

Our interactions were pretty unremarkable otherwise.  I did see the kittens' father.  I figured it had to be a big orange tabby tom and I was right.  Now, I didn't do a DNA test but he looks a whole lot like Spotty.  Just bigger.  Someone said I should neuter him and I'm like -with what money? 

I barely had enough money to give my Walmart driver $5.  Oh, by the way, I was having a really glum morning but the driver said I was "The best house, ever" and I thought that was great.  That helped perk me up a little. 

So I got everything (including some silver gel that is supposedly very good for burns), put it away.  I even got a new toaster (I will keep it unplugged when I am not using it).  I used the toaster once I put everything away and it performed.  I unplugged it after I finished. 

I haven't done Ron's leg yet but I will, use the iodine, put the silver, then an antibacterial bandage.  I also found Biscuit and gave him his breakfast, and the antibiotic.  He will be done tomorrow.  Then I start the probiotics, which seem to be a big hit with Mama's 3.  That is good as they can be a little runny at times (sorry!). 

Ron made our trips for tomorrow.  One way to work, Arturo home (because we don't know when the delivery will arrive), then paratransit to and from the doctor.  I also have my prescriptions ready at Walmart and will likely get them Thursday.  They are only $60 thank you Mr President.  The other guy my pills were $200 so a definite difference, and self pay all the way both times. 

That is the end of my politics. 

I saw the kitten's father when I was taking out the trash, he was very confident and clearly someone's pet.  I had insane expenses this month or I'd have fixed Spotty, and I absolutely plan to first chance I get some money next month (right after fixing the cat cage).  Biscuit is really missing his cage.  I would have thought it would be the new guys but they are happy as long as I let them in the (closed) garage.  Biscuit wants to be outside and the weather is so nice I can't blame him.  BUT I can't afford for him to get sick again, hurt, or worse. 

I will get it.  It just means I sit in that plastic lawn chair when I watch TV, for a while yet.  A new chair can be my Christmas present.  :p  Not whining, just stating facts.  The chair holds me up and I like the wide arms, I can put stuff on them which I couldn't do before. 

First world problems.  I took a nap and woke up with a very sore chest, I think it is partially emotional and maybe I strained something bringing the litter in the garage.  I took some aspirin.  Ron is awake and I just heard him take his pain pills.  I will do his leg in about an hour when they are at maximum effectiveness.  No sense torturing the man. 

That is one thing about his back, no matter what he has done to me he does not deserve to feel like that, ever. 

I just need to see if I have a condolence card for Mike's wife, if he has died I can fill that out and leave it for his brother to get to her.  Let me go do that. 

I liked the cards we got after Ron's accident but we kept getting the same card from different people - it was lovely but I thought that was funny.  I never said a word until now. 

I found them.  They were right on the bookcase, and these are an older vintage (about 10 years) so not likely to have a duplicate.  If they tell me he died I fill one out and leave it for his wife.  If he is still alive I bring it home. 

And I am lactating.  Not much but annoying, it is a side effect of my antipsychotic.  The drug works and is safe so I'm not going to bitch about a drop of milk.  Interesting to know they work, even at my age (40's). 

I gave Ron some kratom and juice (separately) and will clean his leg in about an hour.  He is happy.  Mama cat was a beggar until I put out some dry for her, she had some of that and shut up.  She also stopped laying next to me so I can't feed them, I guess, if I want company. 

My mood is OK considering.  I got some non dairy ice cream to eat later with my pills, probably do that after I do Ron's leg. 

I will be glad when I no longer have to do Ron's leg.  I sure learned my lesson about TV dinners. 

No comments: