Saturday, October 19, 2019

Most of Saturday

 Ron is going to the doctor on Monday but he doesn't know that yet. 

I am currently washing a load of clothes with some detergent and laundry sanitizer, and when he takes his bath tomorrow the sheets will get washed with that, too. 

He wouldn't let me at it this morning so I only got it just now.  It is worse but not disaster bad.  He kept putting things in his lap on top of the burn all day so I am not surprised it is pissed.   He did take his Vitamin C later in the day. 

Back to our day.  We went to the warehouse, we didn't have much money after sales tax so we did a minimal supply run, took it to work. 

I ended up mainly helping Ron all day but that was OK, he needed assistance (he doesn't ask unless he does need it and he is a pretty major train wreck).  We mainly sorted change, he needed quarters for the bill changer and dimes for the soda machines. 

We still haven't found his keys. 

So we did all that. 

I had to deal with some rude people.  I told Ron, later, it reminded me of some interview books I read in the 90's, at the library, back when you had to go to the library to do research.  Anyway, the books all said the same thing without fail, be nice to the receptionist/secretary because damned sure the interviewer is going to ask her her opinion. 

Treat someone well because they are a human being created by God same as you.  Don't talk down to them because they are in a service job and deal with customers directly.  When you think about it, all the Postal Workers work for me, bringing my mail, but you didn't see me getting an attitude over it ever, even when they lied one time and said they delivered, when they didn't. 

An example: one guy accosted me on the floor and followed me to my work area, demanding I give him change.  I had to take money out of 3 machines to get $20 for him, he took one look at the $1's in my hand and said "Is that all you've got?..." got a look at my face (about to give him directions to the nearest bank since he wanted "custom" change). 

Do I look like a flipping banker?  No?  Well then be quiet.  You are lucky I deigned to get you the $20. 

We finished up and left, a group of people, fairly well dressed and not neighborhood residents wandering around, came up to me "Where is the office?"  I said the facility is not open to the public and they are not allowed in the building.  I directed them to the nearest post office.  They didn't want that - they probably heard the facility is hiring temporary workers and they need to file an application online and take a test online.   

A carload with a family pulled up to me a little later (by now I had taken off my badge).  Very broken English asking for the office again.  I said it is not open to the public.  Did I mention the test is in English?  I didn't tell them that. 

But what am I, a recruiter? 

Oh, and the same company that built the crappy wall that fell down is working to fix it.  You couldn't pay me to go in that area when they fix it, even though they have a structural report saying it is OK.

Our ride came, she was nice.  We did not have a straight trip.  I do privately get a little annoyed when we pick up someone who "could" drive (not blind or overtly impaired) with a car in the driveway, riding paratransit "because it is cheaper".  She did have to wait while they dropped us off. 

We came in, got settled.  I took a nap with Torbie.  I slept pretty well, got up, called my parents.  They asked me to call at 4 my time so I did, they were very pleased. 

I think most kids try to make their parents happy regardless. 

I talked to them, Ron woke up.  I had the treat of cleaning his wound, which will scar.  We will see how it heals but odds are good we are going to the doctor Monday. 

I washed his clothes with the laundry sanitizer.  And I will do his sheets as well. 

I used 2 different disinfectants on his leg, I know, overkill but I don't want him in the hospital.  I don't want to fry his tissues, either.  [sigh] Balance. 

I think I will get some Dermoplast.  That worked well for the friction blisters. 

Ron says he is not hungry so I need to figure out my dinner.  I need to eat the egg salad but not sure what else is on the menu. 

I had some digestive trouble earlier so I will avoid the muffins.    Cleo loved them, was eating the wrapper until I took it away and gave her a bite, she gobbled it down.  That can't be good for her so I won't be giving her more. 

No comments: