Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Wednesday morning

Biscuit has learned a very bad habit from Torbie, putting the paw on my face with claws extended.   Let me tell you there are a lot of nerves in my face and the claws get them every time.  It is a very assertive way of saying "Give me what I want" without causing ACTUAL physical harm. 

Biscuit is apparently not letting me sleep in any more.  Torbie wants her petting.  Both are understandable but my poor face!  Especially with the toothache! 

I do wonder about infection but I hear about women doing the roller with the needles all over their faces and it is kind of the same thing.  Not a big deal. 

So I slept in until 9 today, I guess I needed it.  I see the dentist in the early afternoon.  I just need to take a shower, get dressed, and stick my cab fare in my pocket.  Mama cat & friends ate their probiotics this morning and are now eating some dry.  One, 5 ounce can is just not enough for 3 cats.  But it is good to soak up a scoop of probiotics and make them taste DELICIOUS.  I see really good results the longer they are on it, and I plan to continue that.  I even got some petting out of Cleo. 

Ron is asleep in bed.  I have heard some huge crashes, lately, in the morning, I believe that is related to #6 as I have not seen anything out of place in the house and these are big noises.  Just figures they would make a lot of racket 5 in the morning.  He also has a "backup beep" on his truck but lucky for us he backs it in at night when he gets home (we are nearly always awake) and then just drives forward into the street in the morning.  Maybe it's a new truck and the beep is standard.  He does work construction.  But it is SUPER annoying, especially in addition to the crashes. 

And here's the sad thing, people are going to get immune to the noise and then a problem will happen, he'll be crushed under something, and no one will notice because it always happens.  It's just rude.  Ron and I do out best MOST DAYS to be quiet, but if he has been a jackass the night before (and during the Cleo abuse period) we were not quiet leaving the house at 4-5 in the morning.  And he put his kids in his garage right up at the front of the house so I know they at least got woken up.  Considering what was going on with Cleo I didn't feel at ALL bad about that. 

I also noticed that cars are still dropping off their kids at my driveway to walk up to #6's house.  Very rude.  I noted the time, 7, I will have to make sure Ron knows not to schedule any pickups at 7 because these "mothers" have proven they are happy to block the paratransit vehicle into our driveway until they have "finished their business" even if we need to go - and it is OUR driveway.  I would call a tow truck or the police on those occasions but they would cut and run. 

And that was one thing I didn't like about Chuck - he was always plotting "revenge" on people who "slighted" him driving.  He would tell me how he would block in people using his parking so they had to come to his house and ask him to move... and then he would lecture them.  Cutting people off on the freeway, not letting them over, etc.  Giving triumphant cackles when they gave up.  They could be taking their asthmatic kid to the ER and you made them miss their exit.  How is that cool?  But I do understand the parking issue because I want to leave when I want to leave and not wait on a bunch of mexicans gabbling away in #6's driveway. 

I don't care what you do on your property unless it keeps me up at night (like those damn security lights!).  I don't care how many cars you have in your driveway.  I don't even care if you use the street parking in front of my house AS LONG AS you don't block the driveway, because I have a very frail, sick, man living here.  I also have a medical condition, and we may need an ambulance.  In that case I want driveway access ON MY PROPERTY (each lot has it's own driveway) so we can get assistance.  I also need access for my rides. 

But 'most everyone sees "You don't have a car, I will take your parking".  RUDE! 

Have I mentioned I am a little manic from the sleep deprivation?  Acute pain?  Large doses of ibuprofen?  Large amounts of caffeine? 

Yeah.   It's been pretty grim the last days, I think I am doing OK, though.  Just a little cranky.  I am going to check on Ron.  He is fine. 

I also did an upper lip treatment because we all know the dentist is going to be looking at my mouth, and I am VAIN enough to care he does not see peach fuzz.  Then I got a phone call about my book. 

You know I like to write, back in the late 90's I was very into poetry, I self published a book.  I sold about a dozen copies.  Back then I didn't have a forum, it was important to me to get my story out: Ron, and my family of origin, had really distorted the narrative, I felt. 

Amazon has it.  Discoveries.  Some of it you can see I have grown since then and in other ways I have not.  I am very unhappy with the way I ended it. 

Here is a free look from Google:  https://g.co/kgs/Fum9cd

Does the book matter to me?  Not really.  Is it a part of my past?  Yes.  Do I regret it?  No.  Was I very young?  Yes.  That is all I would want someone to know. 

It was very important to me that I get the word out I had been abused by my family.  I did not, at that time, see anything Ron did to me as abuse but I have some pretty raw stuff about his cheating.  Remember I was also un diagnosed and un medicated at the time. 

But anyway the publisher has my contact information and occasionally a sales rep will call like what happened today.  He called it "my novel".  It was not a novel!  It says "poetic!" on the title!  Should be a hint! 

Oh, well, I would not be one of those guys trying to sell dreck to unsuspecting readers.  Amazon had it for Kindle a while back but looks like not anymore from what I saw.  That was only like $3.  I actually have that on my Kindle. 

Nope, not in Kindle any more.  One used copy is selling for $900.  Good luck with that!  That must have been the one I sent to the "mining company" book reviewer. 

Anyway, enough about that.  The blog is a lot easier and I get pretty instant feedback. 

Then I got a call from Michigan that did not go to voicemail.  Ron was apparently up all night and then went to bed around 8.  I will probably be back from he dentist before he wakes up. 

He has been asking for "something small" to eat lately.  He finally came right out and asked for the sliders again.  So I made some, gave him one, put the rest in the fridge.  It is a lot easier to assemble several at one time.  So he is set for a while now. 

I have plenty of soft food so I am set as well.  We need to work tomorrow and then Halloween.  We will sit in the driveway and hand out candy.  Can you imagine trying to corral 6 cats?  Impossible.  Easier to take US out.  I need to bring some candy from work - I have candy I bought with my money, at Sam's club.  I just need to remember to bring it home.  I won't have the time to bag it up but I will get everything distributed. 

I keep biting my cheek!  Very annoying.  I will be glad when I am done. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you complain about your neighbors if they sat home quietly waiting for their welfare checks?
The poor guy is just trying to make a living.

Heather Knits said...

They do get welfare checks, I got 2 of theirs in my mailbox. She also runs an illegal daycare and those kids are always getting dropped off my MY driveway as their driveway is full of overpriced vehicles. And those "mothers" are always completely blocking access to my driveway when they do so.

I'm not making any money off their use of my driveway - and they are STILL getting the welfare checks. She (mother/wife next door) drives a car that is worth more than the value of my house. And I have held the welfare check in my hand with a clear return address - did not need to open it. Yes, I left it on their porch.

They are corrupt cheaters, liars, and worse. It is not just a hard working mexican man "trying to provide for the family". The TAXPAYERS are going that. The DAYCARE KIDS are doing that. What he makes is just bonus money.

They are also animal abusers if you will recall so really nothing, in my opinion, to like about them at all.