Wednesday, October 16, 2019

"You must have drank all of it"

I got up pretty early today.  Ron was in an OK mood and up.  I got ready, my aunt came to pick me up.  She wanted to come in, and did.  She wanted to see the cats which I found a little surprising because she is not the worlds #1 cat fan.  But she saw 4 of them and talked to Ron. 

Ron was not wearing his pants so she talked to him from another room.  We left.  Ron apparently put on his pants, went in the kitchen, and made our trips for tomorrow. 

We got most of the way there when my aunt realized I didn't have a drink (I get super thirsty from the lithium) so we stopped and did that.  We headed to the office, got there "right on time".  Not too early, not too late. 

They, however, were running late.  I didn't look at my phone but they saw us pretty late considering.  But they may have had a crisis or something.  I imagine a psychiatrist's office can be pretty exciting at times. 

Someone took us back and we had our visit.  Doc wants me to cut my dose because the digestive stuff is a very common sign of toxicity.  I was fine with that.  He agreed triptans are "very bad" with lithium and I shouldn't take them, not really a good combination for anything with my drugs.  Which is what I figured.  I told him about the bonus cats and he wasn't worried, said he had patients with far more cats than that.  He checked with my aunt I was OK and he made a point of thanking her for helping out. 

I paid, we left, and we went out to lunch.  It was a good lunch even though they got parts of our order wrong.  Nothing major, though.  We had a good time and I called Ron, but he didn't pick up.  I could tell his phone was on because it rang several times. 

I went ahead and got him some food to go.  We left and my aunt took me home.  I hugged her and we said goodbye, went in the house with the food.  I found Ron's phone and talking book machine on the kitchen floor.  I found Ron passed out in his wheelchair, muttering.  I put his food in the fridge. 

I felt betrayed, I thought Ron understood he has to take care when I am not around so I can continue to leave him for short periods of time.  I don't want to have to hire a damned sitter when I leave him alone but days like today I wonder if I will need to.  Frustrating. 

He just told me he remembers nothing from 9-3. 

And he went to the trouble to put his pants on (not easy for him) I know because he wanted to impress my aunt if she came back in the house.  But by the time I got to him he thought it was tomorrow and we were going to work. 

"I don't know what you drank" I told him "But you must have drank all of it". 

I haven't said it lately: I really hate what alcohol can do to a person. 

I laid down for a while and rested for about half an hour before Ron started yelling.  I helped him get into bed and fed him some of the onion petals.  I fed the cats, too.  Ron is making noise and I am pretty sure he is eating munchie mix.  Which is stupid because he has a VERY nice dinner in the fridge. 

AND he just threw up.  [sigh]  He is still coughing.  Some days are just more work. 

And a headache turned up (mine) not surprising. 

But at least I won't be sick much longer - lithium gets out of the body quickly. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alcohol is a mocker. The bible is right.

Heather Knits said...

And that helps me how?

Anonymous said...

You're not looking for help. People have tried.

Anonymous said...

That's so rough for you, Heather, because you need to be able to get out sometimes for yourself but I am sure you worry about him (and the kitties) while you are gone. Is there anyone who could come sit with him and keep him company while you are out? (Or maybe he would not go for that).