Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Afternoon

Well I went to Walmart.  The rides were painless thanks to Arturo, who also helps with packages.  Nice guy.  I always give him extra for the ride home because he helps with the packages. 

A night or two ago I read an article about iodine being best for burns.  That made sense.  I managed to find a bottle and applied some, and I have to say his leg looks a lot better.  So I got more.  I also got antibacterial bandages, etc.  I didn't get any ointment because it doesn't seem to work for him. 

What works best for his leg wounds seems to be some sort of dab on antiseptic, than a spray of Dermoplast.  Even Ron has commented those wounds heal best.  So I will do that. 

But I think I can dial back the anxiety level.  Good.  I have enough on my plate. 

I had a good ride to the store and Ron gave me enough money to cover the purchases I made for him.  He is addicted to the V8 Strawberry Banana drink and it is loaded with veggies, but doesn't taste it.  So I give him as much as he wants, which is a pretty good amount for him. 

I got the first aid supplies.  When I got a bath wipe to clean his leg prior to the disinfection I noticed it was pretty dry, opened another package and they were pretty dry too.  So I bought more of them.  I finally found what they did with the ginger root, it says NAUSEA in gold on the bottle, which is $3 more, and then states it contains ginger root on the back.  Sneaky. 

But at $6 a bottle I will not be handing out bottles to the drivers any more.  I could do it at $3 but not $6.  And word is apparently getting out because when I told the driver yesterday I had ginger root she said "I heard you did".  They make take home easily $150 a day so I don't feel obligated to buy them ginger root if they CHOOSE to work nauseous.  So this bottle is mine. 

I noticed this strange, older, white woman was following me around at the store.  She seemed unremarkable except she kept staring at me, following me, and she had unkempt frizzy hair.  I definitely got unmedicated mental illness vibes off her, especially when she started ramming her cart into me.  I was far off to the side, against the shelf.  She had plenty of room to pass, and kept ramming me.  I could tell she wanted me to interact with her and decided to decline.  I kept looking at the vitamins, and took out my phone and left a message on Ron's voicemail about vitamin E.  She wandered off a little but kept following me. 

It was apparent she was not right, and she also desperately wanted to interact with someone.  I make a point NOT to interact with people who are off because you don't know what they can do.  She followed me down one aisle but freaked out when she realized it was the adult diaper aisle.  I got Ron's bath wipes and moved on, she left me alone for a little bit. 

I was able to get my soda and some drink mix, more of Ron's juice.  I thought about getting chips but decided against it.  I went over to the cat food.  They didn't have any Friskies Mixed Grill, but they had it in Special Kitty.  They have liked the Special Kitty in the past so I got a can to try.  I looked at t-shirts but wasn't impressed, and I was trying to save money. 

They did have the stomach pills I like so I got 2 bottles of those. 

I found a good checkout lane when guess who darted in front of me, into line?  My little friend.  There were just too many encounters for it to be a coincidence. 

Now if I see someone with a lot of cat food, I will probably make conversation.  "Ferals, huh?"  "How many do you have?"  "Mine love that brand" something like that.  I have never, even at my most ill, followed someone around the store, ramming them with the cart (she did not have a physical problem), etc.  And she kept looking at me trying to make eye contact and my gut is screaming DON'T TALK TO HER so I didn't. 

She spent a lot of time talking to the cashier and then held her phone up to the credit card terminal, all shocked when they didn't take it.  Of course she had no other method of payment so some poor bastard at the store has to put it all back.  She left (but not for long). 

I gave the cashier my reusable bags and thanked her for being such a skilled bagger.  Some want to put one tiny item in each bag, she got the majority of everything in one bag - excellent.  I hate carrying 50 bags in the house and the only thing I don't like about Walmart delivery. 

I paid (cash) and went over to McDonald's.  I wanted to buy Cleo a hamburger.  I felt so bad the other day when she smelled my burger and wanted it. 

My plan: to buy 2 double cheeseburgers, no condiments, no cheese "just plain meat on the bread for my cat".  I would have said no bread but I didn't think they'd fix it that way.  I did that, the clerk got it immediately and I noticed my "friend" was bothering a man with an apron that said "Happy to help".  She finally found her victim. 

Thank God.  She left me alone after that. 

I called Arturo AFTER I got the burgers and waited outside.  I had my stun gun if any problems arose but they didn't. 

I had an uneventful trip home and putting stuff away, but Cleo proved elusive.  I did give her a few bites of the meat which she enjoyed.  I need to teach her if I call you I have something delicious.  She hasn't got that yet. 

Biscuit even let me clean his butt with a wet wipe (unscented) and I managed to get some ointment in the general vicinity before he ran off.  He's an easy going cat but he does have limits like anyone.  I am sure he is sick of people fooling with his butt. 

He has been very good about taking the antibiotic. 

I tried to lay down for a nap but too wired.  I gave Ron his medication which was the whole reason I went.  I didn't have any trouble getting it.  Hopefully I will be going back in a few days to get my stuff. 

I found the secret weapon for Ron: John Soules Beef Fajita meat.  He loves it and has been steadily asking for it all day.  Every time he asks he doesn't want much, maybe 1/3 cup, but it is adding up to lots of protein for him.  He even let me give him some cheese with the last batch. 

And it just dawned on me, he probably has zero appetite a lot of times due to his pain issues, I hadn't considered that.  I know my appetite goes to zero when I have severe pain. 

But he has been nibbling all afternoon which is great.  It is super easy to get more, too.  It is already cooked so I put it on a paper plate, warm it, serve it, and throw the plate away.  We both win. 

I want to take good care of him, sometimes he "lets" me.  So feeding him can get checked. 

Bath, not yet. 

I will change the sheets when we do the bath. 

I am glad I found something he likes.  Torbie was interested in the smell but not in eating it, she is a cat food baby.   Ron kept bugging me for more food "Just a little" but accumulated ate at least 50 grams of protein today.  That is exceptional for him.  I don't mind the constant fetching if it means he gets what he needs. 

I am definitely getting more of the beef fajitas - they are already cooked so super easy for depression cooking.  He also likes the sharp cheddar cheese, I talked him into a sample and he ate 2 slices total.  That's more protein. 

Like I told him, your leg can't heal if you don't have building supplies.  Eating protein gives your body what it needs to heal. 

Not a bad day.  I got rid of the old bath wipes and put the fresh ones in the right spot.  Ron can use them whenever. 

I have a couple hours free and we will see if Ron is up for a bath.  I do feel better about his leg as it looks better.  It looked really awful yesterday after work, I think, but better now. 

Now I just need all the cats in at the same time so I can lock down the catio. 

No comments: