Monday, October 7, 2019

Monday

Some litter box talk first:
As you may know, Mama and her kids had a little trouble adjusting when they first came to live here.  Digestion wasn't quite what it could have been, that's all I'll say. 

Cleaning the box today things are much better.  A consistent diet has really proven useful.  We are not all the way done but improving every time I scoop (daily).  Done with that. 

I got up, very depressed, got dressed in a turquoise t-shirt and jeans.  I went to help Ron and found him struggling to don a turquoise t-shirt.  I thought that was cute. 

The driver did not know Ron used a wheelchair.  She had a client in the front seat, he was slow and frankly annoying.  We get him a lot of days because his group home must be somewhere nearby, and then his workshop is near where we work. 

We got to work, the machines were still pretty full.  There was a burnt electrical smell which I tracked to soda #1, I unplugged it and we notified the company that owns the machine.  They did not send anyone out.  But the machine is unplugged and the smell dissipated. 

I mainly helped Ron stock sodas.  Snacks didn't need much so I didn't bother.  We left and came home. 

We had a straight ride home which was nice.  We went in the house, I took my antidepressant (should have earlier), fed the cats, took a nap with Biscuit.  I woke up with a headache and drank some soda. 

We were supposed to get a cold front today but it isn't very cold.  We will see if it improves. 

One thing I do need to do is finish the laundry. 

Someone on a message board is apparently carrying a grudge because he "used to be homeless by choice" and I do not have a high view of most homeless.  The narrative is most of them are "victims" and that has not been my experience.  My experience most of them are predators, opportunists, etc.  They do not want to work when given an opportunity and will take advantage of any perceived weakness.  The majority are also addicts and very driven, frantic for their next fix, and will go through anyone to get that.  Getting locked up is better than the life they're living so they don't have anything to lose.  I give them a wide berth and do not view them as victims. 

I know there are a rare few veterans, escaped battered women, etc.  I think programs should exist for them. 

But don't ask me to feel sorry for Johnny, the bipolar "I don't need no pills" filthy alcoholic aggressively panhandling me at the bus stop some years ago. 

Another woman got upset at me because I have a consistently negative view toward low carb/keto diets.  First of all, let's examine the whole "You have to be sick for one to a couple of weeks while you 'transition'" concept.  HOW is that healthy?  Your body is trying to TELL you something "THIS IS WRONG" 

Then they have all the rules and logging and macros and that.  Then they say you can never have a regular waffle but you can make specialty waffles with exotic, expensive, ingredients (again with the assumption it is "better" to eat this way than it is to eat a standard diet).  They replace standard carb favorites with "replacements" and in my book if you have to eat a bunch of special replacement foods you might as well eat a regular diet in moderation. 

For instance, I ate a waffle last month in Galveston.  It was very good.  I also had a piece of cheesecake (not the same meal).  Have I had either, again?  No, I have not.  And most likely I will not, for months.  Because a little bit was enough to satisfy.  I know I can have it if I really want it and make other adjustments in my diet (a protein shake, later, for instance). 

Apparently I am "bad" for saying this.  I have noticed people on certain diet plans are a lot like a born again religion, they won't hear a word against it and resort to personal attacks if they perceive any criticism. 

I told her (duh) to block me if she doesn't like what I'm saying.  That is a feature on pretty much any message board these days, you can block or ignore someone if you so choose.  I have about 15 on block on this particular board. 

Enough about that.  I got to pet Cleo a few times, more of a pat than a pet, but she let me touch her.  She came and laid by my foot while I was on the computer as well.  So I feel like we continue to make progress. 

It was pretty funny, I thought.  I was going through the house scooping all the boxes with my metal scoop.  I heard digging behind me in the computer room and turned from cleaning one box to see Mama in the one I had just scooped.  I waited until she finished, nudged her away when she tried to cover, scooped up her deposit and put it in my bag!  She was impressed, she wasn't used to service like that. 

Ron is in the kitchen watching live PD reruns.  He was pretty drunk the first time it aired so it is a new episode for him. 

I am not sure what I am doing for dinner. 


No comments: