Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday morning update


  • Ron kept me up screaming all night because his back hurt.  He won't take medicine on a preventive basis (I am thinking the herbal mainly).  I told him nights like this are why I said what I did to the doc on Monday.  "They don't happen that often, do they?"  "At least once a week".  So I had lots of him screaming all night and totally sleep deprived.   
  • Biscuit licked off and on, but rested comfortably, lay on my foot like he does, very cute and normal seeming.  He did not eat breakfast around me but he came out of the kitchen (where the food is) when I got out of the shower and went in his cage.  He was watching the birds from his cage when I came up in the front room.  
  • The other cats are OK.
  • Ron passed out in his wheelchair but I put the belt on him and took him to his room.    
  • I have a Walmart delivery coming shortly.  Once I get it put away I will be calling the vet.  

Symptoms: licking at his privates, some blood on them.  Not hungry this morning.  I am just hoping I get to take him home out of this.  I will be calling vet and hoping she can work him in.  If not I will take him to another vet.  I am not crazy about plan B but I want him treated.  

His behavior did not indicate a trip to emergency vet.  I wouldn't have known anything was wrong but for the licking.  When I have had other cats I took to ER they were crying, lethargic, did not want petting, etc.  Biscuit seems fine except for the licking which is a red flag for the bladder stones.  

He has also been a little "runny" the last couple days so he could just have a bug, his gut is irritated, and that is where the blood came from.  That happened to me with the lithium toxicity last week.  

He is my boy and I will take good care of him.  The family savings are pretty depleted BUT I had my own private fund Ron doesn't know about, I can use that to pay for his care today.  

He is worth it.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stress is a HUGE factor in causing cats to get urinary infections which can lead to blockages. No doubt Mr. Wonderful screaming ALL night is a HUGE stressor for both the cats and you (BTW stress and anxiety can cause migraines too but a friend probably woulndn't mention that to you).

I was under the impression that the Kratom STOPPED the back pain. So why wasn't he given that last night? I was also under the impression that the pain pills STOPPED the back pain. So why didn't the pain pills work? After all you both insisted at the pain doc that they work so I am just curious.

I do find it very interesting that this latest back pain episode followed a day of heavy, heavy, drinking by Ron when you were out yesterday. Could the two be related? Yes, yes they can.

It seems a muzzle or ball gag may be a good compromise to the excessive drinking since Mr. Fantastic can't seem to stop guzzling vodka and then wondering why his back pain is 25 times worse. This way you can muzzle the yelling and screams from him at night and get some sleep. I think they have a few models on Amazon that would work.

As to your other post about your Aunt coming inside the house. Sounds like she has been reading what is going on and wanted to do a home check by pretending she wanted to see the cats. She probably wants to remain a friend and not say anything about the situation in case she upsets you in anyway.

Friends are great to have but when a friend just blindly allows a person to live in a madhouse of mess and dysfunction and doesn't say anything when a person or the animals they have under their care are in danger then you have to wonder if this person is really a friend or is just enjoying the show that is a slow moving train wreck.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a good outcome for Biscuit today

Heather Knits said...

Ron's problem he won't take a daily dose to prevent pain. Then he has an attack and takes far more trying to quash it, drinks himself stupid, falls asleep in strange positions which can't be good for his back.

As it turns out Biscuit wasn't blocked.